AMY IS EXCITED SQUEEEEEE

Topics and issues of interest to cavers which are not related to caving. No political or religious discussions, please.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: AMY IS EXCITED SQUEEEEEE

Postby self-deleted_user » Feb 3, 2011 8:53 am

Hey Bill :clap: you crack me up :D

Yeah that is what I do a lot - for the price of gas to/from the caves "around here" I can book a roundtrip flight on Delta (since NW used to have a hub here in Detroit and Atlanta is a hub now...tickets are cheap!) to Atlanta and then David picks me up (or I take the train thingie up to his) and then we can go up caving for about the same price as I can do it around here. Problem is, that takes planning and both of us having the same time off.

But now that I have carpool mates here it will be cheaper to stay "local" and cave. "Local" you know since Michigan is quite far from southern Indiana or Kentucky. :P

I have to agree Atlanta is p awesome and hence why I'm looking to move there later this year - if you or anyone you know is in bio/chem research down there and can hook me up with a good job let me know ;)
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby mgmills » Feb 3, 2011 9:21 am

Cavemud wrote:
Bill Putnam wrote:Atlanta GA
God's Country

:laughing: :rofl: Whatcha smokin? Ya got to be drinkin too much Southern Comfort!
Atlanta...God's country? :laughing: :rofl:

Gotta agree with Cavemud . . . I'd agree with T.A.G. being God's country but not Atlanta. . . I avoid Atlanta as much as possible. :yikes: I also avoid Birmingham, Chattanooga, Nashville, and Huntsvile. . . anywhere the is heavily populated. (Due to family obligations I have to go to the outskirts of B'ham and Atlanta on occassion to visit the family)
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby Chads93GT » Feb 3, 2011 9:52 am

yall b crazy. missery = teh pimp caves
Chads93GT
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby self-deleted_user » Feb 3, 2011 10:30 am

The pimp caves, eh? What, praytell, is a pimp cave?
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby MUD » Feb 3, 2011 11:01 am

mgmills wrote:Gotta agree with Cavemud . . . I'd agree with T.A.G. being God's country but not Atlanta. . . I avoid Atlanta as much as possible. :yikes: I also avoid Birmingham, Chattanooga, Nashville, and Huntsvile. . . anywhere the is heavily populated. (Due to family obligations I have to go to the outskirts of B'ham and Atlanta on occassion to visit the family)

:big grin: As my closest neighbor is a little over a half mile away and I'm surrounded by over 500 acres of forest, I obviously avoid anywhere that's populated!
MUD
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: None

Postby self-deleted_user » Feb 3, 2011 11:10 am

While that would be *nice* I do need to have a job...in science...which is usually in city...which means unless I want a crazy commute it means suburb living (not a fan of in-the-city...I am a country girl at heart even though I've never lived in the country). I am open to suggestions though :P I hear north of Atlanta about 30 min is pretty nice.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby jsniffin » Feb 3, 2011 12:03 pm

Sungura wrote:And I kinda want to cave like once a month

I have gone every weekend since being back at school. And have several more trips planned in the next few weekends... :banana_yay: I dont know what i would do if i couldnt cave... i think some day soon there will be a room with chairs in a circle in a church basement... in the north it would start like this:

We admitted we were powerless over our cavaholism - that our lives had become unmanageable.

Now down here in the south. it would be more like... this:

You might be a cavaholic if...
mmmm.... MUD....

Looking for FENIX LIGHTS?? www.FENIXGEAR.com 5% Coupon Code: GOSAVE0905
(No I don't work for FENIX I just really like their products)
jsniffin
Frequent Poster

Name: James Sniffin

Postby self-deleted_user » Feb 3, 2011 12:19 pm

LOL well if I were closer I would totally cave more than once a month :P But it costs still a good amount of money to do it ($150 to just get there, basically) and so I'm still quite limited. If I lived closer, well then, that'd be a lot easier!
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby trogman » Feb 3, 2011 1:14 pm

jsniffin wrote:
You might be a cavaholic if...

Sounds like a good subject for a new thread...

Trog :helmet:
trogman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Stephen Brewer
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Gadsden Grotto

Postby wyandottecaver » Feb 3, 2011 6:08 pm

Amy,

I'll send you a shovel and some rock pursuaders and then you can have your own cave :P
I'm not scared of the dark, it's the things IN the dark that make me nervous. :)
wyandottecaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Bill Putnam » Feb 3, 2011 10:04 pm

Cavemud wrote: Whatcha smokin? Ya got to be drinkin too much Southern Comfort!
Atlanta...God's country?

Naw, Mud, I mean TAG!
Bill Putnam, NSS 21117 RL/FE
Chairman and Chief Troublemaker
The Revolutionary Hodag Party - Thinking outside the cave.

The jackal can roar,
pretending to be a lion.
The lion is not fooled.
Bill Putnam
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 21117
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Revolutionary Hodag Party

Postby jsniffin » Feb 3, 2011 10:20 pm

Sungura wrote:$150 to just get there, basically

ouch. that hurts. i thought 40 to and from was bad....
mmmm.... MUD....

Looking for FENIX LIGHTS?? www.FENIXGEAR.com 5% Coupon Code: GOSAVE0905
(No I don't work for FENIX I just really like their products)
jsniffin
Frequent Poster

Name: James Sniffin

Postby commanderzoom » Feb 7, 2011 6:43 am

jsniffin wrote:
Sungura wrote:$150 to just get there, basically

ouch. that hurts. i thought 40 to and from was bad....

Tell me about it. I think we spent maybe $50-$75, if that, to get down to Arkansas last weekend and our truck tends to be a gas hog. Let's not discuss how much we spent while we were IN Arkansas, but getting there & back wasn't too bad. If I'd known how cheap on gas it was going to be this time I would've been down sooner.

Amy, you totally need to pack up all your stuff & move to MO. Lots of caves here. Lots of friendly cavers, too. Besides, *I'm* here & I'm always good for amusement--even if you're laughing AT me instead of WITH me :rofl: .

Cavemud wrote:
mgmills wrote:Gotta agree with Cavemud . . . I'd agree with T.A.G. being God's country but not Atlanta. . . I avoid Atlanta as much as possible. :yikes: I also avoid Birmingham, Chattanooga, Nashville, and Huntsvile. . . anywhere the is heavily populated. (Due to family obligations I have to go to the outskirts of B'ham and Atlanta on occassion to visit the family)

:big grin: As my closest neighbor is a little over a half mile away and I'm surrounded by over 500 acres of forest, I obviously avoid anywhere that's populated!

I think we'd get along just fine. Having neighbors/living in a heavily populated area is vastly overrated. I live about an hour away from St. Louis *but* I live out in the country on a large amount of privately owned, mostly forested land that's bordered by privately owned, mostly forested and/or pastured land. Nobody really bothers me (except my parents who live right next door :roll: ) & that's how I like it. Don't have any neighbors within shouting distance (except the parents & the dead guy next door--his family had that section rezoned as a cemetery) & the neighbors I do have down the road are totally cool about letting me check out their land for leads...as long as it isn't deer hunting season. Some of the people across the road even have excellent river access that I can use if I want. The bordering landowners, well, we NEVER see them unless we run into them at the store or something because they're too far away AND they gave us full permission to explore the land they own back there. All they want in return is to be notified if I find anything incredibly badass (like a cave) on their property & they want us to try to stay clear of the property lines during hunting season. Works for me :woohoo: .
commanderzoom
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 61484
Primary Grotto Affiliation: MVG

Postby Chads93GT » Feb 7, 2011 7:29 am

Sungura wrote:The pimp caves, eh? What, praytell, is a pimp cave?

Well, not only do we have river caves with tight crawl ways, but we have to deal with hundreds of these bastards slapping us in the face in those crawlways. PiMp CaVe!
Chads93GT
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby self-deleted_user » Feb 7, 2011 9:41 am

Chads93GT wrote:
Sungura wrote:The pimp caves, eh? What, praytell, is a pimp cave?

Well, not only do we have river caves with tight crawl ways, but we have to deal with hundreds of these bastards slapping us in the face in those crawlways. PiMp CaVe!
Oh my gosh! :rofl: wow those are huge! I've never seen fish inside a cave other than I have some vague memory of a show cave when I was little having tiny blind fish and I thought it was the coolest thing ever but they were like minnow-sized if memory serves (this is vague and i might have dreamed it at some point as a child or heard about it and think i saw it or something....I'd say I was maybe 4-5 years old?)
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Open Talk Forum