Hello! New and from Northern California

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Hello! New and from Northern California

Postby NZcaver » Feb 3, 2011 5:07 pm

Ernie Coffman wrote:So early in the morning :rofl: but how about Southern Arizona Grotto and Shasta Area Grotto? :clap: And, how are you getting along in the BIG WHITE FREEZE back in CT, NZ? :shrug:

Correct on the first part :clap: but wrong on the second. :doh:

My current location is listed under my avatar, Ernie. :grin:
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby Ernie Coffman » Feb 3, 2011 5:38 pm

We're probably getting :off topic: as far as caving goes, but the last I heard you were in CT. And, I was going to write and have you fix that Alaska thing, but...guess you're back up there, 'eh? You Kiwi's move around, like someone is "gunning for you." :laughing:
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby ourdiscourse » Feb 6, 2011 11:36 am

Mugger wrote:Welcome Brad. Glad to see another local on here.... I'm Hans, also from Redding :waving:

Nice to meet you Hans. It is nice to see another local on here. How long have you been a resident or Redding? This is a little soon, but do you have any idea if you're planning to go up to Pluto Cave in Feb for the SAG cleanup? If so, and you're up for it we could drive together. Whether it be in my car or yours.
ourdiscourse
Infrequent Poster

Name: Brad
NSS #: 62859

Postby Mugger » Feb 7, 2011 2:45 pm

ourdiscourse wrote:
Mugger wrote:Welcome Brad. Glad to see another local on here.... I'm Hans, also from Redding :waving:

Nice to meet you Hans. It is nice to see another local on here. How long have you been a resident or Redding? This is a little soon, but do you have any idea if you're planning to go up to Pluto Cave in Feb for the SAG cleanup? If so, and you're up for it we could drive together. Whether it be in my car or yours.

I've lived in the Redding area my whole life... and still waiting to hear if I'm getting the day off, but that sounds like it could be fun.
Mugger
Occasional Poster

Name: Hans
NSS #: 61554
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Shasta Area Grotto

Postby ourdiscourse » Feb 11, 2011 12:14 am

I wound up getting offered an awesome job as a head baker at a local bakery, I start Thursday so I'm going to try and get the day off as well. Keeping my fingers crossed! Do you happen to know exactly what day the clean up falls on?

You wouldn't happen to have an extra gear you're looking to get rid of, would you? I got my headlamp, and planning to go pick up a helmet from Sports Ltd, or Hermit's Hut in the next couple of days. Trying to gather up the essentials for a fairly inexpensive price for now.
ourdiscourse
Infrequent Poster

Name: Brad
NSS #: 62859

Postby Ernie Coffman » Feb 11, 2011 1:14 am

Just remember ourdiscourse, your brain is probably the most important part of your body, so get a good helmet. A few bucks on a bump hat won't do it! :doh: Put out the $$$ for a Petzl or something like that, so that you protect the noggin. :cavingrocks:

By the way, you might want to start doing a private message or get each other's email addy, as the listserv is maybe the place for getting answers from a lot of cavers, but conversation back and forth might be a little too much, IMHO. :clap:
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Previous

Return to Caver Introductions