2011 dates

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: 2011 dates

Postby Anonymous_Coward » Jan 18, 2011 10:03 am

2011 National Cave and Karst Management Symposium - October 3-7, 2011 - Midway, Utah
Andy Armstrong
American Carbide Council
Anonymous_Coward
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 45993RL FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Paha Sapa Grotto

Postby MUD » Jan 18, 2011 10:05 am

:big grin: 4th annual! *MUDfest 2011* May 27th-30th, 2011 Proudly sponsored and hosted by the Cave Hill Grotto. Central PA.'s premier caving event! PM me for further details. :waving:
MUD
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: None

Postby trogman » Jan 18, 2011 10:39 am

I imagine Stephen's Gap was discovered a long, long time ago, probably by a Neanderthal. :big grin:

Unfortunately, the ACS survey listing doesn't give date of discovery, nor does the GSS. Sometimes that information can be found in the narrative files. I would also love to know why caves were given their particular names. Again, sometimes that info is in the narratives, but there are a lot of blank spaces in those files.

Trogman :helmet:
trogman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Stephen Brewer
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Gadsden Grotto

Postby self-deleted_user » Jan 18, 2011 10:47 am

Thanks for helping =) LOL yeah you've been more help than my friends have been with dates for sure!
I found that basically on every UK cave group site they have the same diary (that's what they call it there) of events it lists all of the known ones for the country. Too bad there isn't an easy database like that on the NSS site, you could even give the regional clubs access to edit it, make it some sort of Google calendar thing, so they can add in their events and then all major US events are in the same place. I think that would be cool. Anyway, just an idea.
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby PYoungbaer » Jan 19, 2011 10:24 am

Sungura,

Northern New Jersey Grotto just announced the Spring NRO: May 13-15, in Newton, NJ.

If you have any questions, comments, etc. please feel free to contact either
Mark Skove, Spring 2011 NRO Chairman, at nnjg_caver@tellurian.net, or Barclay
Foord, NNJG Chairman, at foordmore@yahoo.com
PYoungbaer
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 16161 CM FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Vermont Cavers Association

Postby self-deleted_user » Jan 19, 2011 12:55 pm

thanks, I got that from their site a few days, I appreciate you putting it here though =)

Ya'all can keep putting dates in this thread but the calendar is printed and being distributed so it probably won't be added to at this point
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Previous

Return to Caver Events