Landjoff Packs

Buy or sell cave gear, speleo-publications.

Moderator: Moderators

Landjoff Packs

Postby jharman2 » Nov 2, 2010 8:37 am

Folks,

My first shipment of high quality Landjoff packs has arrived from Bulgaria. I currently have the Speleo 28 and Speleo 42 in stock in both red and yellow. As the name implies, the packs have a carrying capacity of 28 liters and 42 liters respectively. These packs have the following features:

- Tough 900g / m^2 PVC material
- Integrated tether strap
- Drawstring closure
- Cinch strap (Speleo 42 only)
- Patch kit
- Multiple handles
- Adjustable straps

I've been using these packs for almost a year now and have been very impressed. The 42L is my primary caving pack and it has proven to be a real trooper. The 42L pack can accommodate a large Darren Drum perfectly in the horizontal position while the 28L accommodates a large (or small) Darren Drum in the vertical position. Both packs overload very nicely because of the draw string closure and the geometry of the closure flap. A web site to sell these packs is in the works but for now I'm offering them direct. Pricing includes shipping to your doorstep. Please pass this on to any friends that may be interested. I should be getting more before the holidays! If you have any questions or would like to order please send me a PM. Orders ship within 24 hours of payment and satisfaction is guaranteed.

Speleo 28 - $45.89
Speleo 42 - $56.83
John Harman (Pantin apologist)
http://www.wvunderground.net/
jharman2
Prolific Poster

Name: John Harman
NSS #: 58082
Primary Grotto Affiliation: WVUSG

Re: Landjoff Packs

Postby Jeff Bartlett » Nov 2, 2010 8:53 am

John, can you post some photos? I seem to recall seeing some in Brian Masney's flickr photostream but don't want to link to anything without (a) having his permission and (b) being sure which packs I'm linking to. I figure you're dragging hammer drills and digging equipment around in these things, so if you say they're tough I'm inclined to believe it. I think you're even harder on gear than I am (!)
"Although it pains me to say it, in this case Jeff is right. Plan accordingly." --Andy Armstrong
Jeff Bartlett
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Jeff Bartlett
NSS #: 59325
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Tennessee Cave Survey

Postby andyburk » Nov 2, 2010 8:54 am

How can we see them?
andyburk
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 62182
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Chattanooga

Postby jharman2 » Nov 2, 2010 9:21 am

Jeff - you are right, Brian has some pictures on his Flickr account of the Landjoff packs in use. You are also correct that I've been using them primarily for hauling digging and aid climbing gear. I don't know if I'm as hard on gear as you but I don't baby anything!

I'll post up some pictures of the packs this evening.
jharman2
Prolific Poster

Postby kevinm » Nov 2, 2010 5:20 pm

Any chance you'll be carrying their cavesuits?

Thanks,
Kevin
kevinm
Frequent Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: Colorado Grotto

Postby jharman2 » Nov 2, 2010 6:47 pm

kevinm wrote:Any chance you'll be carrying their cavesuits?

Kevin,

I imported a couple suits with this order but I have sold them all ready. I wanted to put my hands on the suit and get some user feedback before offering them. I'm pretty impressed with the suits construction and price. It also has some innovative features like an inside breast pocket and suspenders for keeping the pants up so you can cave with the top down. They offer two versions, one with built in knee pad pockets which come pre-loaded with pad material and another version with no knee pad pockets. Price is around $110. Please PM me for more info or if you'd like to order! Thanks!

--John
jharman2
Prolific Poster

Postby jharman2 » Nov 2, 2010 9:58 pm

Folks,

Here are the pictures I promised of the Landjoff packs. 28L on the left, 42L on the right.

jharman2
Prolific Poster

Postby wyandottecaver » Nov 3, 2010 8:22 am

id be interested in seeing what the suits look like.
I'm not scared of the dark, it's the things IN the dark that make me nervous. :)
wyandottecaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby jharman2 » Nov 11, 2010 9:44 pm

wyandottecaver wrote:id be interested in seeing what the suits look like.

I'll try to get a picture of the suit in action this weekend. Preliminary reviews of the suit are very positive although the integrated knee pad material seems to be a little thin. It is of course replaceable with thicker material.

I had a question about a waist strap on the packs. The 42L pack is available with a detachable waist belt however, this must be specified as an option and adds $5 to the price.
jharman2
Prolific Poster

Postby MUD » Nov 20, 2010 11:15 pm

I believe these same packs sell on ebay for about $10.00 less than you're advertising. Are these the same packs?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Caving-climbing-gea ... 2a0b436d67

http://cgi.ebay.com/Caving-climbing-rop ... 27b6b44c86
MUD
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: None

Postby Jeff Bartlett » Nov 24, 2010 8:58 pm

Cavemud wrote:I believe these same packs sell on ebay for about $10.00 less than you're advertising.

Using eBay's figures for converting GBP to USD, that first link implies you can get a Speleo 28 direct from Landjoff for $39.68 (16 GBP + 9 GBP international shipping from Bulgaria) if you're willing to wait "12-15 days" for it to arrive, and "5 days after receiving cleared payment" for the company to ship them. For this additional trouble, you would save a whopping $6.21 versus John's price.

Shoddy math aside, the listing you linked to says 680 g/m2 for the PVC weight, whereas John specified 900 g/m2 in his post, so they do not appear to be identical products. I can't confirm this, because I've never seen the packs in person, but my guess would be that the ones listed on eBay are indeed a lighter-duty PVC material.
"Although it pains me to say it, in this case Jeff is right. Plan accordingly." --Andy Armstrong
Jeff Bartlett
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Jeff Bartlett
NSS #: 59325
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Tennessee Cave Survey

Postby Dwight Livingston » Nov 25, 2010 10:47 am

Jeff Bartlett wrote:Shoddy math aside, the listing you linked to says 680 g/m2 for the PVC weight, whereas John specified 900 g/m2 in his post, so they do not appear to be identical products. I can't confirm this, because I've never seen the packs in person, but my guess would be that the ones listed on eBay are indeed a lighter-duty PVC material.

They do look like the older style, with white blue-striped cord. The current ones have black cords.
Dwight Livingston
Dwight Livingston
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 27411
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Baltimore Grotto

Postby Squirrel Girl » Nov 25, 2010 10:56 am

John seems like a heck of a nice guy. And I am happy to pay the extra $6 for buying local, as it were. But those blue and green packs sure are purty... my favorite colors.
Barbara Anne am Ende

"Weird people are my people."
Squirrel Girl
Global Moderator

NSS #: 15789

Postby Evan G » Nov 25, 2010 2:02 pm

Dwight Livingston wrote:
Jeff Bartlett wrote:Shoddy math aside, the listing you linked to says 680 g/m2 for the PVC weight, whereas John specified 900 g/m2 in his post, so they do not appear to be identical products. I can't confirm this, because I've never seen the packs in person, but my guess would be that the ones listed on eBay are indeed a lighter-duty PVC material.

They do look like the older style, with white blue-striped cord. The current ones have black cords.

I've bought now four packs from Landjoff off of ebay over the last two years and it is the same pack but if John wants to retail them here in the States, GO FOR IT! If you buy off ebay, the shipping does not take 12-14 days but more like three to four weeks [one pack took six weeks] and the packages had been open most likely several times and resealed with security tape.

If someone wants to find a product, do a quality check, create a stock, then do a resale, it is called being a Capitalist and I have no problem with that.

My oldest Landoff is two years old and it has a black cord. These are good packs for a rope bag or general caving.
Evan G
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: EEG
NSS #: 28685
Primary Grotto Affiliation: NRMG

Postby jharman2 » Nov 25, 2010 3:22 pm

Folks,

Thanks for the interest and kind feedback! The packs that I am reselling are the heavier 900g/m^2 PVC. The packs that Cavemud linked to on e-bay are 680g/m^2 PVC. My packs ship next day as opposed to 2-3 weeks. I'm not getting rich on the packs by any means but just want to make a good product avaliable to the US market. Actually, you can buy the same 900g/m^2 pack directly from Landjoff on e-bay for the same price that I charge. Of course, there is a slight variation due to fluctuation of the dollar vs GBP.

Also, I plan to get some of the blue and green variety on the next order!

--John
jharman2
Prolific Poster

Next

Return to Speleo-Marketplace