Existing nss member, new to chattanooga & the forum

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Existing nss member, new to chattanooga & the forum

Postby tgilmore » Oct 19, 2010 11:38 am

I've been caving for a few years and joined the NSS about two years ago. I have recently moved from Asheville to Chattanooga. I've been to quite a few caves in the area but don't really know many cavers in the true TAG area. I plan on joining the local grotto as soon as i get back to town (i'm currently on business travel in switzerland) but also thought i could meet some local cavers here. A little about me, since i'm new to the forum. My name is travis, i cave as well as solo backpack, climb, mountaineer, kayak, or anything else adventurous. So.... Who's local?
tgilmore
Infrequent Poster

Name: Travis
NSS #: 61608

Re: Existing nss member, new to chattanooga & the forum

Postby mgmills » Oct 19, 2010 1:00 pm

tgilmore wrote:I've been caving for a few years and joined the NSS about two years ago. I have recently moved from Asheville to Chattanooga. I've been to quite a few caves in the area but don't really know many cavers in the true TAG area. I plan on joining the local grotto as soon as i get back to town (i'm currently on business travel in switzerland) but also thought i could meet some local cavers here. A little about me, since i'm new to the forum. My name is travis, i cave as well as solo backpack, climb, mountaineer, kayak, or anything else adventurous. So.... Who's local?

I'm not a member of Chattanooga Grotto but I live in nearby Sewanee, TN. Chattanooga Grotto is a pretty active grotto. I know a fair number of the Chattanooga Grotto members. . . ages and interests of them vary. I'm sure you can find some members there who will share your interests.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby BrianC » Oct 20, 2010 8:52 am

tgilmore wrote:I've been caving for a few years and joined the NSS about two years ago. I have recently moved from Asheville to Chattanooga. I've been to quite a few caves in the area but don't really know many cavers in the true TAG area. I plan on joining the local grotto as soon as i get back to town (i'm currently on business travel in switzerland) but also thought i could meet some local cavers here. A little about me, since i'm new to the forum. My name is travis, i cave as well as solo backpack, climb, mountaineer, kayak, or anything else adventurous. So.... Who's local?

Welcome Travis The second monday of every month the Chattanooga grotto meets.http://forums.caves.org/viewforum.php?f=30&start=0 Look forward to meeting you.
BrianC
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby tgilmore » Oct 21, 2010 10:28 am

Thanks brian! i'll be attending as soon as i get back to the states. i'm just barely going to miss november, so it looks like my first meeting will be december.
tgilmore
Infrequent Poster

Name: Travis
NSS #: 61608

Postby BrianC » Oct 21, 2010 10:59 am

tgilmore wrote:Thanks brian! i'll be attending as soon as i get back to the states. i'm just barely going to miss november, so it looks like my first meeting will be december.

Check back because the last few years the Grotto has had a Christmas party at a members house in lieu of a meeting for December.
BrianC
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Caver Introductions