Missouri Caves & Karst Conservancy Launches New Website

Cave conservation issues, techniques, questions. Also visit the NSS Cave Conservation and Management Section.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Ernie Coffman » Jul 27, 2010 9:41 am

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/pres ... 98405.html This link will take you to a new Caves and Karst Conservancy Website that should keep folks up-to-date on items that are on-going there. :banana_yay:
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Re: Missouri Caves & Karst Conservancy Launches New Website

Postby Teresa » Jul 28, 2010 11:03 am

Whoever did the news release put in the wrong link. The real link for MCKC is www.mocavesandkarst.org.

Watch out for the Flash link...they have a Flash link to run a slideshow...it's crashed my brand new computer...2.1GB dual processor with 2GM RAM..twice.
Teresa
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Ernie Coffman » Jul 28, 2010 1:31 pm

Thanks for the update, Teresa! As for computer problems, best to not even go there, I guess. :yikes:
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby NZcaver » Jul 28, 2010 2:00 pm

Teresa wrote:Whoever did the news release put in the wrong link. The real link for MCKC is http://www.mocavesandkarst.org.

Watch out for the Flash link...they have a Flash link to run a slideshow...it's crashed my brand new computer...2.1GB dual processor with 2GM RAM..twice.

Nice website. For what it's worth, the flash slideshow looks good and runs fine on my ~4 year old laptop with 2GB of RAM. Perhaps updating your flash player would help?
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby Teresa » Jul 28, 2010 5:12 pm

NZcaver wrote:
Teresa wrote:Whoever did the news release put in the wrong link. The real link for MCKC is http://www.mocavesandkarst.org.

Nice website. For what it's worth, the flash slideshow looks good and runs fine on my ~4 year old laptop with 2GB of RAM. Perhaps updating your flash player would help?

Tried it on the faster Mac with 4 GB. I think it's this semi-rural Mo. molasses DSL that's hanging it.
Teresa
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Ernie Coffman » Jul 28, 2010 5:18 pm

T - that's a cool production of pictures...and interestingly enough in our computer club presentation, today, the guest speaker was talking and showing us about using PhotoStory 3, which I believe this might have been from. :kewl: As for your DSL being wrapped up in molasses, that might be something to consider, also. :off topic: Yeah, I know, but we're almost finished. :tonguecheek: Check to see if your video programs are updated, for that sometimes places a hicup or two in getting a good showing. :doh: By the way, on my cable viewing, this came up in about five seconds or less. :clap:
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

OT: Re: Missouri Caves & Karst Conservancy Launches New Webs

Postby Teresa » Jul 31, 2010 6:07 pm

Ernie Coffman wrote: As for your DSL being wrapped up in molasses, that might be something to consider, also. :off topic: Yeah, I know, but we're almost finished. :tonguecheek: Check to see if your video programs are updated, for that sometimes places a hiccup or two in getting a good showing. :doh: By the way, on my cable viewing, this came up in about five seconds or less. :clap:

All is up to date. We are probably the last people on the planet not to, but we don't have cable (an expensive local monopoly) because we don't watch TV enough to justify it, and last time I checked, you couldn't get "internet only". Still pulling digital TV over the air for free. There is a cable box in our side yard, but we've never been tempted. It's funny when the cable guy works on the box and wants to "check the connection" inside our house. The problem here is the POTS... 40 year old green copper bailing wire that falls to pieces every time they work on it. Someday it will entirely fall to pieces and they'll have to pull the wire. And satellite is more expensive than either. From the digital "Ozark Interstate."

By the way, I just emailed someone with MCKC to see if earthtimes.org will fix their link in the original article. They fixed one of them in the article, but not both.
Teresa
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Conservation Forum