Speleofest 2010

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

Speleofest 2010

Postby KeyserSoze » Mar 29, 2010 3:58 pm

This signature is really funny
KeyserSoze
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 61069
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Louisville Grotto

Re: Speleofest 2010

Postby MUD » Mar 31, 2010 9:34 pm

From the Speleofest website.....YOU CAN BE DENIED GOING ON A TRIP IF CAVE GEAR IS NOT CLEANED ACCORDING TO CLEANING PROTOCOLS. The decision will be made by the trip leader. If you plan on taking trips without leaders you may be asked not to go caving if cave gear is not cleaned according to protocols. We thank you for your understanding.

:roll: I'll be at MUDFEST, where noone will check your gear for contaminants! :laughing:
MUD
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: None

Postby meshlife » Apr 11, 2010 7:46 pm

I went to Speleofest two years ago and had an awesome time. The Lonestar preserve is pretty large and we found a good spot away from everyone else. I remember that the on site food vendor had amazing Barbecue pork sandwiches, which I ate 3 times a day for two days. One of the caves within walking distance of the preserve, called "woodcutters cave", was one of my all time favorite caves. We had to do some serious climbing and a lot of people didn't make it through. I would love to get back this year, but I cant get off work.
meshlife
New Poster

Postby MoonshineR DavE » Apr 12, 2010 9:15 am

Cavemud and I were there that year also. I have to say, I believe I'm headed to Mudfest this year too.
MoonshineR DavE
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby MUD » Apr 13, 2010 10:01 am

I would like to say that Speleofest is awesome! The Lonestar Preserve is very nice and well taken care of. There are caves right there on the property. The people I met there were all very nice and helpful. :kewl: I'd love to go back but......

I'll go back when I don't have to worry about the "gear police" checkin me out! I guess I understand their intent...I just don't need to be a part of it! That's why I'll be cavin my ass off at MUDFEST 2010!!! :banana_yay:
MUD
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby NZcaver » Apr 13, 2010 12:34 pm

Cavemud wrote:I'll go back when I don't have to worry about the "gear police" checkin me out! I guess I understand their intent...I just don't need to be a part of it!

There's a real simple solution, Todd. Clean your gear between trips. It's easy! :grin:
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby MUD » Apr 13, 2010 3:40 pm

NZcaver wrote:
Cavemud wrote:I'll go back when I don't have to worry about the "gear police" checkin me out! I guess I understand their intent...I just don't need to be a part of it!

There's a real simple solution, Todd. Clean your gear between trips. It's easy! :grin:

I do clean my gear between trips...I just don't use anything but public carwash water from the sprayer! Because I don't clean gear like the guvment bozos recommend, I can't cave there. :down: I'm really glad y'all are though...it seems to be slowing down the spread of that dreaded bat fungus huh? :rofl:

I know I won't be takin any "chemical euphoria" cavers with me anytime soon! :big grin:

Sorry to go off-topic here....SPELEOFEST ROCKS!!! ....just not for us "dirty" cavers! :laughing:
MUD
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby NZcaver » Apr 13, 2010 5:02 pm

Yep, the good old coin-operated car wash. My standard fix for dirty caving gear too. :clap:

As for the chemical dependency thing, I guess I'm just used to doing it with moving between caving areas. In extreme cases, I use a different set of gear. But if you're attending an event and visiting multiple caves in the same general vicinity... :shrug:
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby wyandottecaver » Apr 13, 2010 6:35 pm

coed naked caving with mandatory hottub and sauna sessions pre and post trip? disposable flip flops and cotton gloves are cheap. :big grin:
I'm not scared of the dark, it's the things IN the dark that make me nervous. :)
wyandottecaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby rickster » May 5, 2010 9:35 pm

where is mudfest?
rickster
Frequent Poster

Name: Rick OBanion
NSS #: 62960
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Cave Hill Grotto and Nittany Grotto Inc.

Postby MUD » May 5, 2010 10:25 pm

rickster wrote:where is mudfest?

:waving: Anywhere I'm cavin! :laughing:

This year we're having it at the Sugar Cave property in Mifflin County. You will be there right? You do want to see some fine caves? You want to hang out with some really good people all weekend...and cave with us? PM sent brother! :grin:
MUD
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Batgirl » May 6, 2010 7:47 am

I am also planning to go this year.....as long as the money tree is still producing. It would be great to meet some of you folks while I am up that way. :grin:
Batgirl
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Lynn Buffkin
NSS #: 60464
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Sewanee Mountain Grotto

Postby 3MTA3 » May 18, 2010 8:21 pm

the michigan crew will be down there again this year. join us for a beverage &/or cornhole.
3MTA3
Infrequent Poster

Return to Caver Events