ICS/NSS Convention 2009 - Cavechat gathering?

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: ICS/NSS Convention 2009 - Cavechat gathering?

Postby Cheryl Jones » Jul 14, 2009 12:06 am

Cheryl - when you say "take one down" do you mean they'll already by up at the ICS? Will they be at registration or the book store or where? Hopefully between a few of us, we should be able to remember to get one over to the Howdy Party.

I'll get them from the NSS staff when I arrive on Saturday, and hang them. I'm a complete blank on how many we have....my "paper trail" seems to indicate there are three. In KY one hung dead center of the school lobby, just in front of the back wall! Then there was probably one in the Bookstore, but don't recall where the other one was, if it exists. All will be revealed on Saturday. I already checked with Kelli last week to remind her to bring the banners, and she'd already had them packed.

There are four evening events scheduled for the Robbins Lewis Pavilion (including the Howdy Party), so it might be worthwhile to keep one there all week.

Our fearless admin David can ask the OVP to budget money next fiscal year for more banners, then just put together a design and work with Kelli the Bookstore Supervisor and the OVP to have them printed, or otherwise git'er dun. It would be good to have some banners for Online Cavers too.

I like the new seated caver better! But it still says "scientist in a cave" to me. However, if he was seated next to the wording in the current banners, then it'd click.

Cheryl
Cheryl Jones
Global Moderator

Name: Cheryl Jones
NSS #: 14479 FE OS
Primary Grotto Affiliation: BATS

Postby hewhocaves » Jul 14, 2009 6:24 am

Thank you :)

TO me, what comes to mind is cave surveyor, actually. I recommend going with this one (I may make a "command decision" to that effect) and then we can discuss the idea further at the howdy party, et al. I'll bring a sketchbook to take notes for.

OK... gotta go - gotta teach grade schoolers about AMD! Joy!
The NSS and WNS: Cooperation, not confrontation.
hewhocaves
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: John Tudek
NSS #: 36021
Primary Grotto Affiliation: MonGrotto

Postby Cheryl Jones » Jul 14, 2009 9:52 am

A caver has volunteered to create a larger version of the little favicon design for us so we'll be able to better see and consider it. Stay tuned.
Cheryl Jones
Global Moderator

Postby Cheryl Jones » Jul 31, 2009 7:04 pm

Here's a logo that Mike Dale created based on the little CaveChat favicon.

Whadayathink? :question:

Cheryl
Cheryl Jones
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Caver Events