Southeastern Cave Conservancy is on Facebook!

Cave conservation issues, techniques, questions. Also visit the NSS Cave Conservation and Management Section.

Moderator: Moderators

Southeastern Cave Conservancy is on Facebook!

Postby ron_miller » Feb 8, 2009 5:48 pm

I invite everyone to check out the new Facebook page for the Southeastern Cave Conservancy, Inc. (SCCi), the world's largest and most active nonprofit organization dedicated solely to the acquisition and stewardship of caves and karst lands. I expect that this page will become a convenient way for many of our members to keep in touch with the latest happenings at the SCCi.

Here's the link to join the SCCi's Facebook page: http://apps.facebook.com/causes/join/21 ... m=2c16bad3. You may need to be a member of Facebook to see this page; if you're not already, I encourage you to sign up. It's free, and cavers are already taking over the place!

And while you're at it, we'd love it if you would consider making an on-line donation to the SCCi. Thanks to the continuing support of our dedicated volunteers, 97 cents of every dollar donated goes directly to cave acquisition and stewardship! To kick off our new online donation program, I've pledged to match the first $1,000 of contributions. To be eligible for the match, you can go to my secure Facebook SCCi donation pledge page. If you want to donate to SCCi online and be eligible for the match but don't want to join Facebook, that's no problem - just go to the SCCi web site and click on our new "Donate" button near the top of the home page. If you choose this second option, please drop me a note at ron.miller [at] scci.org to let me know you would like your donation to be matched.

I'm working to find more matching dollars (let me know if you're interested in helping out with this!), but if you donate online before the initial limit is reached, you can guarantee a 100% return on your investment in caves.

Ron Miller
SCCi Secretary and Fundraising Committee Chair
Last edited by ron_miller on Feb 9, 2009 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
ron_miller
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Re: Southeastern Cave Conservancy is on Facebook!

Postby Cheryl Jones » Feb 8, 2009 10:57 pm

Cool!

And don't forget everybody that there is also an SCCi group on OnlineCavers.com -- the social networking site for cavers. :woohoo:

Cheryl
Cheryl Jones
Global Moderator

Name: Cheryl Jones
NSS #: 14479 FE OS
Primary Grotto Affiliation: BATS

Return to Conservation Forum