Hello from NM!

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Hello from NM!

Postby NPScaver » Nov 30, 2008 4:19 pm

Hello everyone... :waving: I've been a member here for a while, but I don't think I've ever posted! So, here I am! I'm a National Park Service ranger, currently living in NW New Mexico/four corners area. If there are any cavers in the 4 corners area... message me!

I've caved in VA and WV (MSUG- Madison University Student Grotto) while I was an undergrad, and I've worked at Shenandoah NP, Yellowstone NP, Chaco Culture NP, as well as Carlsbad Caverns NP! The majority of caving I've done in the last year or so has been on the Guadalupe escarpment in NM... lots of Lincoln National Forest caves and caves in the carlsbad area!
:cavingrocks:

Well, just wanted to say hello- hope everyone has a great holiday season!

:cave softly:

Laura :grin:
http://www.smokeythepig.com
NPScaver
New Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: Pecos Valley Grotto

Re: Hello from NM!

Postby mgmills » Nov 30, 2008 8:42 pm

NPScaver wrote:Hello everyone... :waving: I've been a member here for a while, but I don't think I've ever posted! So, here I am! I'm a National Park Service ranger, currently living in NW New Mexico/four corners area. If there are any cavers in the 4 corners area... message me!

I've caved in VA and WV (MSUG- Madison University Student Grotto) while I was an undergrad, and I've worked at Shenandoah NP, Yellowstone NP, Chaco Culture NP, as well as Carlsbad Caverns NP! The majority of caving I've done in the last year or so has been on the Guadalupe escarpment in NM... lots of Lincoln National Forest caves and caves in the carlsbad area!
:cavingrocks:

Well, just wanted to say hello- hope everyone has a great holiday season!

:cave softly:

Laura :grin:
http://www.smokeythepig.com

Welcome aboard - we have a good many "lurkers" . . . glad you decided to say "hi"

I've been in the Four Corners area a couple of times.

In 1998 a friend of mine organized a trip to the Guads . . . we did some restoration work in Hidden Cave and Hell Below. We also got to visit several other caves in the area. We stayed a week (1st week of November) at the campsite near Cottonwood Cave and walked to all the caves we visited from there.

It is a beautiful area. . . if I didn't live in the beautiful mountains of Tennessee I think I'd like living in the Southwest.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Re: Hello from NM!

Postby hunter » Dec 1, 2008 5:19 pm

Welcome! It is nice to see another caver on the board from NM.

James
hunter
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Caver Introductions