31st Annual TAG Fall Cave-In oh yea!!

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

31st Annual TAG Fall Cave-In oh yea!!

Postby graveleye » Aug 19, 2008 9:23 pm

Yes, it's coming up fast and you don't want to miss it!! Hopefully I can reveal a few more details in the next few weeks but there are going to be some new and fun things at this years event. I know I am stoked. Just like Christmas time when I was a kid, it just can't get here soon enough!!! I can't wait!!

Just a little reminder that pre-registration ends on September 1st, so time is running out to save a little $$!! Here is the website where you can print out your registration forms:

http://tagfallcavein.org/hosting/dcg/cavein/homex.html

Or of course you can pay at the registration hut when you arrive.

UPDATE - The climbing area has been moved to be closer to the pavilion and vendor row. It looks like there will be some ropes in the pavilion so you can test out the gear you just bought. I've also been told there may be some training sessions for folks new to vertical!

:big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin: :big grin:

So, who's gonna be there?
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Re: 31st Annual TAG Fall Cave-In oh yea!!

Postby Scott Parvin » Aug 19, 2008 10:06 pm

I'll be there!!!! I haven't missed one in years. Maybe we'll get some cool nights. :woohoo:
Scott A. Parvin
NSS 29279 RL, FE
Disclaimer -- Views expressed are mine and do not reflect the opinion of the NSS or Board of Governors.

"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." Albert Einstein
Scott Parvin
Prolific Poster

NSS #: 29279 LF
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Birmingham

Postby wendy » Aug 19, 2008 10:15 pm

I can't wait!!! I am bringing my boyfriend Graham, it will be his first time.

I am also hoping for some cool weather, last year it was too warm.
"Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time." - Tallulah Bankhead
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Postby mgmills » Aug 20, 2008 5:50 am

wendy wrote:I am also hoping for some cool weather, last year it was too warm.

OK Wendy and Scott, be careful what you ask for. I've been to some Cave-Ins where the temps were absolutely frigid. :bananabat:

I'm bummed because I'm gonna have to arrive later than I usually do because I have to attend an ACLS class at work. They didn't check with me before scheduling the class :big grin: . . . can't put it off either (believe me I tried).

The Cave-In is always a great event.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby graveleye » Aug 20, 2008 7:44 am

we're not going to be able to get up there until Friday morning either. I wish I could get some more time off work. I think next year.
Anyone have any caving plans while there? I got to get my caving in at this years Cave-in because next year I will probably be working there in some capacity.

I don't mind if it's cool, but I don't want it cold or rainy. I think the last two years we've been lucky to have some good weather. It's just as likely to be cold and murky.
ad astra per aspera

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

graveleye
Global Moderator

Postby CaverScott » Aug 20, 2008 8:33 am

Thursday, Noon, I will be there! :banana_yay: :bananabat: :banana: :woohoo: :kewl: :clap: :bat: :rock band: :bananawhip: :beer30: :banana_yay: :bananabat: :banana: :woohoo: :kewl: :clap: :bat: :rock band: :bananawhip: :beer30: :banana_yay: :bananabat: :banana: :woohoo: :kewl: :clap: :bat: :rock band: :bananawhip: :beer30:
CaverScott
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 19797L
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Birmingham CIG SCCi IKC

Postby Scoon1 » Aug 20, 2008 8:38 am

I will be there Thursday evening for sure!! I love this event, it's the caving highlight of the year. While SERA is great, it has a way to go to top the Fall Cave-In!! I'm trying to find a good, hard, maybe even vertical, trip for Friday. My wife and children will be joining me Friday evening so Saturday will have to be a trip more suited to my 7 year old. That'll be his landmark 10th caving trip by the way!! PM me if you have any ideas.
Eric Schoonover
NSS, SCCi, DCG, SMG
Scoon1
Frequent Poster

Name: Eric Schoonover
NSS #: 51375
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Sewannee Mountain Grotto Dogwood City Grotto

Postby cave rat » Aug 20, 2008 4:05 pm

I will be getting out of class on 10:45 AM CST that Thursday and will be heading up there straight from school.
Cave Rat
NSS 46542RE
SCCI
Jackson County/Scottsboro Grotto
cave rat
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 46542RE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Jackson County-Scottsboro Grotto

Postby cave rat » Aug 20, 2008 4:14 pm

mgmills wrote:OK Wendy and Scott, be careful what you ask for. I've been to some Cave-Ins where the temps were absolutely frigid.

Martha's right. The first one I attended, the 23rd, the temps got down to 25 to 30 degrees at night. I should know. I spent between 4 PM to 9:30 PM that Saturday night of the 23rd, on the logging road going up the mountain to South Pittsburg Pit waiting for a Tow-Truck to show up and pull my friends truck out of the Kudzu after it roll down the hill. I still love that Bon Fire till this day.

I did not get back to the TAG grounds until 10:30 that night.

BTW- everyone bring your 2008 NSS Members Manual and I will Autograph it for you.
Cave Rat
NSS 46542RE
SCCI
Jackson County/Scottsboro Grotto
cave rat
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 46542RE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Jackson County-Scottsboro Grotto

Postby cavemanjonny » Aug 20, 2008 4:56 pm

I'm definitely going to be there! I just dropped my pre-registration in the mail box :banana: .
cavemanjonny
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 56510

Postby caverwoody » Aug 20, 2008 5:47 pm

me and my wife will be there ity will be our first but not our last. there is a group of us comming from MEG and FMG hopefully we can all camp together.

Hope to meet some new friends and see some old ones.
I'll see you underground
caverwoody
Occasional Poster

Name: Mark Woods
NSS #: 51797
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Mountain Empire Grotto

Postby hoosiercaver1 » Aug 20, 2008 6:53 pm

Almost my whole family will be there. My brother cant come because hes in school, but the rest of us will be there noon on Thursday. Itll be our first time. Actually it will be my first time caving in TAG. Im hoping to see a lot of nice cave and meet a lot of cool people from the area.
http://www.hoosiercaving.webs.com

We are Halfway There!!!

Slow caving is Safe Caving!!!
hoosiercaver1
Prolific Poster

Name: John Shultheis
NSS #: 59560
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Eastern Indiana Grotto

Postby wendy » Aug 21, 2008 1:58 am

Saturday morning and afternoon I plan on leading trips to Cedar Ridge Crystal and Bible Springs if anyoen is interested. We will be back well in time for Saturday night campground festivities. :kewl:
"Blessed are they who learn from their mistakes. For they shall make, if not necessarily fewer of them, different and more interesting ones."

"It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time." - Tallulah Bankhead
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Postby caveflower » Aug 21, 2008 7:28 am

Our first time too. Just sent reg. this morning. We are hoping to get there early afternoon thursday. its going to be a family affair as hoosiercaver said. the whole familys going. Cept our youngest he's going to be in school. Sorry josh maybe next year.
Caving is fun but people are always more important.
caveflower
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Brenda
NSS #: 59462
Primary Grotto Affiliation: IKC EIG ISS NSS

Postby graveleye » Aug 21, 2008 8:09 am

A lot of first timers and that's just too cool!! We've been a little worried that the gas prices would keep people home. I hope that's not the case.
Shannon and I decided not to play at the open mic this year. For once I would like to go up there and not have to worry about my guitars and such. We just want to hang out and have a good time.
Still not sure what caves to visit. Wendy I would take you up on the Cedar Ridge, but we were just there recently. I'm thinking I want to go poke around the Fox Mountain area, and maybe do Rusty's or Cemetary.
ad astra per aspera

graveleye
Global Moderator

Next

Return to Caver Events