Petzl Generator question?

Discuss caving lights, packs, helmets, clothing, etc.
For rope and vertical equipment, go to the On Rope! forum.
Cave electronics enthusiasts can also visit the Communications and Electronics Section forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Petzl Generator question?

Postby copelandcaver7 » Jul 2, 2008 7:28 pm

I have a question for the caving community, I just purshased the whole petzl carbide setup and have taken it on 2 trips now. I have been noticing from the bottom section of the water chamber on the outside it is leaking out that lip there were it connects. I was wondering is that normal? It seems like its just coming from one side were the petzl logo is. Has this happened to anyone before? Is there a way to seal it better? I have contacted Petzl today and he said he would have to get back to me on the issue? Thanks for your help

Zach
copelandcaver7
Occasional Poster

Re: Peztl Generator question?

Postby Tim White » Jul 3, 2008 9:59 am

Leaking where the top and bottom connect? There is no reason for it to leak there. No opening into the water compartment. Sounds like a crack in the water compartment.
Be safe,
Tim White 26949 RL FE

Southeastern Region Coordinator - NCRC
Editor, Nylon Highway
Senior Technical Manager - Over the Edge, Inc.
Tim White
Global Moderator

Re: Petzl Generator question?

Postby copelandcaver7 » Jul 24, 2008 3:08 pm

Well I just want to say I am impressed with the way Petzl handled their waranty repairs, I sent in my generator to be fixed. I mailed it to them and it got their stores on Thursday of last week and bam look what I had in the mail today a brand new generator. They said their was no sealant in that lip were the lower chamber and water compartment connect if you look when its brand new you can see some type of white sealant and mine did not which was the cause for the constant leaking mine had. So they just shipped me out a new one. A+++++!!!!!!!!!! for Petzl now I will have it for this weekend of a long hard wet survey trip :grin: .
copelandcaver7
Occasional Poster

Return to Equipment Forum