A short cleanup of Pettijohn's

Cave conservation issues, techniques, questions. Also visit the NSS Cave Conservation and Management Section.

Moderator: Moderators

A short cleanup of Pettijohn's

Postby Scoon1 » Aug 28, 2007 9:33 am

Participants: Robert, Jacob, Lee, Eric, & Jeff

We wanted to join Jeff in doing a short cleanup trip to Pettijohn's. We mostly stayed in the entrance room picking up trash where we saw it. Jeff made a tool to reach down into the cracks that came in pretty handy. Of course we sent the boys, Lee & Jacob, where us old, fat guys couldn't go to pull out the debris of caving trips long past. We stayed in cave for almost four hours picking up trash, talking about conservation with other groups that we passed, letting the boys enjoy climbing about. We had a great time and made new friends. See Ya'll at TAG!!

Eric Schoonover
NSS, SCCi, DCG, SMG
Scoon1
Frequent Poster

Name: Eric Schoonover
NSS #: 51375
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Sewannee Mountain Grotto Dogwood City Grotto

Postby Ralph E. Powers » Aug 28, 2007 12:13 pm

:kewl: Kudos to all of you! :kewl:
Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible. ~ Reinhold Messner

http://ralph.rigidtech.com/albums.php
Ralph E. Powers
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 37616

Postby incavenow » Aug 29, 2007 4:03 pm

I want to say thanks to Eric, Robert, Lee and Jacob for all your help Sunday. These guys drove 2 1/2 hours to get to the cave to help me on some clean-up. Pettijohn's is only 8 miles from my house so it's no hardship for me to get there and do a little work. Eric and crew are to be commended for the effort they did here. Especially Lee and Jacob. Them boys really dug in there and hunted up stuff to fill the duffel bag we carried in. It was great to see their enthusiasm and energy. Thumbs up to their Dads for teaching them cave conservation in this manner. I know they impressed everyone we met that day! I had a wonderful time and look forward to caving with these guys again.

:cave softly:
incavenow
Prolific Poster

Name: Jeff Hudson
NSS #: 38762

Return to Conservation Forum