2007 TAG Fall Cave-in

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby wendy » Aug 6, 2007 4:13 pm

for the first timers:

i recommend paying for the $5 breakfast on sunday morning, it will sell out if you wait to buy it then
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Postby tallgirl » Aug 6, 2007 5:42 pm

wendy wrote:for the first timers:

i recommend paying for the $5 breakfast on sunday morning, it will sell out if you wait to buy it then

o rly?? whats for breakfast??
Failed gene line :grin:
:bat:
tallgirl
Prolific Poster

Postby wendy » Aug 6, 2007 6:36 pm

tallgirl wrote:
wendy wrote:for the first timers:

o rly?? whats for breakfast??

they usually have coffee, juice, hot chocolate, hot tea, pancakes, grits, scrambled eggs, sausage, i think that's it. It's really good. And you can't wait til the last minuete to get in line, it gets long, and it always sells out.
wendy
Global Moderator

Postby JoeyS » Aug 6, 2007 7:17 pm

And proceeds from the breakfast benefit the local rescue team, don't they?

NSS #: 57719
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Nashville Grotto

Postby tallgirl » Aug 6, 2007 7:47 pm

JoeyS wrote:And proceeds from the breakfast benefit the local rescue team, don't they?

well if thats true i might consider paying $5 for hot chocolate and OJ..... how can ppl eat pancakes and stuff before caving??? that stuff would slow me down
tallgirl
Prolific Poster

Postby wendy » Aug 6, 2007 7:58 pm

tallgirl wrote:
JoeyS wrote:And proceeds from the breakfast benefit the local rescue team, don't they?

well if thats true i might consider paying $5 for hot chocolate and OJ..... how can ppl eat pancakes and stuff before caving??? that stuff would slow me down

well the breakfast is on sunday morning, most people take down their camp and then eat breakfast on the way out, since you have to be out of the campground by noon on sunday anyway
wendy
Global Moderator

Postby JoeyS » Aug 6, 2007 8:08 pm

tallgirl wrote:

Well I seem to handle a hearty breakfast before a good cave trip quite well. Saturday I had bacon, eggs (with cheese, dangit), grits, hashbrowns, biscuits smothered in some sausage gravy and even a little bit of pancakes n/ syrup. (Yes It was the Shoney's bar, if you hadn't figured it out) :banana:
Most of that was burned off in the first 1/2 mile of breakdown we climbed. Then I chowed on some excellent Italian pizza after the trip. Now normally I don't eat like that, but I usually eat alot of calories prior to and after caving. I find that caving, or at least the kind we like to do, burns lots of calories.
So bring on the cakes!!

NSS #: 57719
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Nashville Grotto

Postby Dane » Aug 6, 2007 8:20 pm

JoeyS wrote:I plan to come on Thursday night this year. Maybe then, I won't miss the cavechat social like I did last year (was setting camp).

That being said, has any plans been made to schedule such a social event?
I would love to me you guys (well....some of you guys anyway!) live and in person!

Is there a traditional meeting time/place?
I hate to break from tradition!
Dane
"Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed."
http://www.myspace.com/daneinchattanooga
Dane
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Dane
NSS #: 57919
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Chattanooga

Postby cavercrew » Aug 6, 2007 9:43 pm

kmstill wrote:you all are making me sad. have fun and have a beer or two for me :) see ya in 2008.
k

Cheer up, we'll definitely have a cold one for ya!!! And we might even rig up a rope and do some changeovers or set up a haul system or two.

Mike
cavercrew
Frequent Poster

Name: Mike Hopkins
NSS #: 53727
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Pigeon Mountain Grotto

Postby cavercrew » Aug 6, 2007 9:49 pm

Yes and a pretty good deal too. So buy your tickets early cause they do sell out pretty quick.

Mike
cavercrew
Frequent Poster

Name: Mike Hopkins
NSS #: 53727
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Pigeon Mountain Grotto

Postby tallgirl » Aug 7, 2007 5:46 pm

graveleye wrote:
tallgirl wrote:I'm trying to get together a car full of ppl to drive down from WV and VA for this... i've got alan leedy interested but i still need more... hoping moonshiner dave can make it and for that matter i will need to see what my school schedule is for then i still havent picked any classes yet lol

school-schmool. You must come. :grin: And I don't want to hear any excuses from them other two!

ok so i think i need to be sick for friday class, but i dont think i want to skip out on my 2 classes thursday

ur allowed to miss a few classes right... so i just cant get sick until winter break lol
tallgirl
Prolific Poster

Postby wendy » Aug 7, 2007 6:18 pm

tallgirl wrote:
graveleye wrote:
tallgirl wrote:I'm trying to get together a car full of ppl to drive down from WV and VA for this... i've got alan leedy interested but i still need more... hoping moonshiner dave can make it and for that matter i will need to see what my school schedule is for then i still havent picked any classes yet lol

school-schmool. You must come. :grin: And I don't want to hear any excuses from them other two!

ok so i think i need to be sick for friday class, but i dont think i want to skip out on my 2 classes thursday

ur allowed to miss a few classes right... so i just cant get sick until winter break lol

Yes you have to get there at least by friday, leave right after class on thursday and just take turns driving.

Also i think thermopyle (probably spelt that wrong) lives in WV and may need a ride
wendy
Global Moderator

Postby morg » Aug 8, 2007 5:37 pm

This will be my first time to the cave-in. I just caving this year. I was wondering if they do verticle training, i really want to learn how to do that stuff
morg
Infrequent Poster

Postby wendy » Aug 8, 2007 5:50 pm

morg wrote:This will be my first time to the cave-in. I just caving this year. I was wondering if they do verticle training, i really want to learn how to do that stuff

they do't do vertical training, they do have a vertical contest though

Your best bet would be to meet up with some other cavers in your area prior to going and practise. down here we rig ropes in huge trees in each others backyards,

maybe someone on here or in your grotto can help you get vertical

glad you are going to make it to the fall cave-in, it's great!
wendy
Global Moderator

Postby tallgirl » Aug 8, 2007 6:49 pm

wendy wrote:Also i think thermopyle (probably spelt that wrong) lives in WV and may need a ride

obviously not that interested since he hasnt PMed me.... does he not get on much or what? i sent him a pm...
tallgirl
Prolific Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Caver Events