mudchix and cavebabes

Topics and issues of interest to cavers which are not related to caving. No political or religious discussions, please.

Moderator: Moderators

have you heard of the cave babes/mudchix?

yes
37%
no
63%

Total votes : 41

mudchix and cavebabes

Postby Nico » Jul 19, 2007 9:43 pm

impresses the mudchix?

Hank brought up this on another thread and I started to wonder if I am the only person that has been misled by the mudchix/cavebabes legend.

Once on a very grueling cave trip in Texas (death march) I kept expressing my wish of going back to the entrance cause I was in pain but my buddies kept telling me no man, you cant do that, there will be cave babes at the hot tub and you can brag about making this trip with us, they'll be all over you trust me.

and, well.. that didnt happen :doh:
Saludos
Nico
Nico
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby maek » Jul 19, 2007 11:20 pm

A 'cave babe' must be the equivalent of a sailor's mermaid, and 'mudchix' just makes me think of women's mud wrestling.

I guess women in oversized coveralls and a helmet isn't a sexy image after all...
:P
maek
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 58228
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Team Poseidon

Re: mudchix and cavebabes

Postby tallgirl » Jul 19, 2007 11:25 pm

Nico wrote:there will be cave babes at the hot tub and you can brag about making this trip with us, they'll be all over you trust me.

and, well.. that didnt happen :doh:

just bc ur not getting lucky doesnt mean that mudchix and cavebabes arent out there.... and maybe u should have done this as a survey of which name ppl prefered
Failed gene line :grin:
:bat:
tallgirl
Prolific Poster

Postby Wormster » Jul 20, 2007 12:05 pm

Ho yus there's a few of them over here,

mind you hottubs, are few and far between in our caves.
Madam in the morning I will be sober, but you will still be ugly.
Wormster
Frequent Poster

Postby Sean Ryan » Jul 20, 2007 12:23 pm

I don't know of any unattached females in caving that don't have a series of male cavers in orbit around them (some of them orbiting very close, some of them like Pluto). A lot of grottos' temporary population surges, I think, can be traced back to whatever single women happened to be active in the grotto at the time.
Sean Ryan
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Squirrel Girl » Jul 20, 2007 1:07 pm

Sean Ryan wrote:I don't know of any unattached females in caving that don't have a series of male cavers in orbit around them (some of them orbiting very close, some of them like Pluto). A lot of grottos' temporary population surges, I think, can be traced back to whatever single women happened to be active in the grotto at the time.
I guess I always have been a freak!
:doh:
Barbara Anne am Ende

"Weird people are my people."
Squirrel Girl
Global Moderator

NSS #: 15789

Postby Sean Ryan » Jul 20, 2007 1:21 pm

Squirrel Girl wrote:
Sean Ryan wrote:I don't know of any unattached females in caving that don't have a series of male cavers in orbit around them (some of them orbiting very close, some of them like Pluto). A lot of grottos' temporary population surges, I think, can be traced back to whatever single women happened to be active in the grotto at the time.
I guess I always have been a freak!
:doh:

Aah, get out here. If you started coming to NNJG meetings, I know of at least three or four guys that would suddenly decide to take more of an interest in caving.
Sean Ryan
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby cob » Jul 20, 2007 8:58 pm

I seen 'em too. Deep under ground... bad ass babes.... from all over the world....put the hurt on you... like they did on me. You just got to know where not to look.

As a freind of mine once said, "Love is like dog poop, if you're looking for it, you'll never step in it."

tom
If fate doesn't make you laugh, then you just don't get the joke.
cob
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Evan G » Jul 20, 2007 10:49 pm

Cob wrote:I seen 'em too. Deep under ground... bad ass babes.... from all over the world....put the hurt on you... like they did on me. You just got to know where not to look.

I have never heard of the nomenclature of cave babe or other but I definitely fell for one a while back and I agree with Cob. Oh Boy! Do I!

Sq Girl wrote:I guess I always have been a freak!

Come on don't sell yourself short, PLEASE! The NSS is changing and more people are curious, not surprisingly some are into caving because of the male female side of life. Let's make a caving dating singles website: J/K mainly because it is small community that WOULD very awkward at times. Not like it is not now.
Evan G
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: EEG
NSS #: 28685
Primary Grotto Affiliation: NRMG

Postby Nico » Jul 20, 2007 11:16 pm

I guess I should have explained myself better, the term cavebabe was used to describe something like a groupie.

just bc ur not getting lucky doesnt mean that mudchix and cavebabes arent out there.

tg, would you be my cavebabe? :laughing:

I guess women in oversized coveralls and a helmet isn't a sexy image after all..
tough luck for you my friend.. we dont use coveralls here, heck, even caving in a tshirt is too hot.

Let's make a caving dating singles website:

I cant remember whether it was Wayne or who did, but somebody
has posted a link to a caving dating website in this forum :banana:
Saludos
Nico
Nico
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Evan G » Jul 20, 2007 11:28 pm

Nico wrote:I cant remember whether it was Wayne or who did, but somebody
has posted a link to a caving dating website in this forum

That's funny! I wish in someways I was in the dating realm.

Nico wrote:I guess I should have explained myself better, the term cavebabe was used to describe something like a groupie.

Now I understand but I called them "Peacocks", weather being male or female just strutting but not really doing anything. They burnout fairly fast.
Evan G
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: EEG
NSS #: 28685
Primary Grotto Affiliation: NRMG

Postby maek » Jul 21, 2007 12:37 am

tough luck for you my friend.. we dont use coveralls here, heck, even caving in a tshirt is too hot.

Too bad for me or too bad for you? For us, caving is great way to escape the summer heat!

I was actually thinking in particular of when my non-caving brother wrote me back after sending him a pic of me caving: "I hope you aren't trying to pick up guys in that helmet." Heh.
maek
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 58228
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Team Poseidon

Postby tallgirl » Jul 24, 2007 12:59 am

...man and i have quite an orbit without caving friends lol oh well, never hurt to have a nice collection right? lol

and sorry Nico i wont be your cavebabe but perhaps u can be one of my satellites lol :tonguecheek:
tallgirl
Prolific Poster

Postby Wayne Harrison » Jul 24, 2007 3:35 pm

Here's that supposed caving singles web site. I don't know if it's real or not or if they just put in keywords you are searching for to lure you in, so I can't vouch for its authenticity:

http://tinyurl.com/22osjf

The first one on the list say she is in to caving and horseshoes (I wonder how she gets them into her cave pack?)
Wayne Harrison
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 18689 FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: unaffiliated

Postby tallgirl » Jul 24, 2007 4:02 pm

Wayne Harrison wrote:Here's that supposed caving singles web site. I don't know if it's real or not or if they just put in keywords you are searching for to lure you in, so I can't vouch for its authenticity:

http://tinyurl.com/22osjf

The first one on the list say she is in to caving and horseshoes (I wonder how she gets them into her cave pack?)

ive never done a dating site before but i think ill create a profile just to see if i can recognize ppl from myspace on there lol.... no way im putting up a pic tho lol...
tallgirl
Prolific Poster

Next

Return to Open Talk Forum