Fantastic P&S camera bargain

Techniques and equipment.

Moderator: Moderators

Fantastic P&S camera bargain

Postby hank moon » May 2, 2007 12:28 pm

I've been using the Fuji F20 for about a month and am very impressed with its performance in low light. Check some samples from this past weekend:

http://picasaweb.google.com/onkaluna/Mi ... 806-kEYfH0

Link to camera page on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/yp8s5p

An even better price: http://www.abesofmaine.com/item.do?item=FJFPF20

Best performance for money I've ever seen (and I've used a lot of these little thangs). Note: all but the lizard and cactus blossom shots were taken in low light conditions - hard to tell from the shots, but true. I've no connection w/Fuji other than I'm STOKED on the F20's low-light performance. :-)
Last edited by hank moon on May 7, 2007 2:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

hank
hank moon
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby paul » May 3, 2007 7:17 am

I could buy one of those cameras but I bet I wouldn't take photos as good as those!
paul
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Paul Lydon

Postby Bobatnathrop » May 3, 2007 5:40 pm

Nice pictures.
Might I ask what canyon that is? Looks like Utah maybe.

Edit: Just saw your location. Is that Antelope Canyon? I am going to be messing around Utah for the next 10 days and I dont have any plans yet, but I would like to see some slot canyons like that.
Bobatnathrop
Frequent Poster

Postby hank moon » May 3, 2007 7:57 pm

Bobatnathrop wrote:Nice pictures.
Might I ask what canyon that is? Looks like Utah maybe.

Edit: Just saw your location. Is that Antelope Canyon? I am going to be messing around Utah for the next 10 days and I dont have any plans yet, but I would like to see some slot canyons like that.

Yo Bob, that slot is called "Fat Man's Misery" and is located just outside Zion NP in southern Utah. Great time to do it 'cuz it's full of water right now. PM sent.

hank

hank
hank moon
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby NZcaver » May 3, 2007 9:34 pm

Nice shots, Hank. :kewl: Hope that chick is clipped into the rope, and not just holding onto it. :wink:

Kind-of surprised those came from a Fuji camera. I tried one of their compacts last year ,and returned it because it had shite auto exposure levels, poor white balance, and a crappy lens. I've also heard other Fuji horror stories, but your one seems to be doing OK.
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby hank moon » May 4, 2007 11:27 am

paul wrote:I could buy one of those cameras but I bet I wouldn't take photos as good as those!

Hey, thanks for that!

NZcaver wrote:Nice shots, Hank. Hope that chick is clipped into the rope, and not just holding onto it.

Nope, just holding on. Ya slide a little down the chute holding on with right hand and when you cut loose, swing over to a ledge before going into the water. Anchor's an ancient welded rebar ring. Great canyon!

hank
hank moon
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Photography and Videography Forum