My new 'toy'. (Canon SD900)

Techniques and equipment.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby bigalpha » Mar 22, 2007 8:52 am

hewhocaves wrote:i just got a digital rebel XTi and holy sweet Jesus, its a nice camera. My previous digital was a Nikon coolpix 995 (which is another great camera - but currently showing its age) and i've been stunned by the pics.

I almost bought the XT, but figured that i'd spend the extra couple hundred to get the XTi. i think i bought it camera + lens for about $750-.

Ah, I'm SO JEALOUS. I've been wanting the XTi forever. Now that I've got a job, I can afford to drop $800 into one! dSLR here I come!!
bigalpha
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Todd » Mar 22, 2007 1:19 pm

almost bought the XT, but figured that i'd spend the extra couple hundred to get the XTi. i think i bought it camera + lens for about $750-.

Do you have any photos from it online anywhere? I've read in several places where people have recommended just buying the body and getting a higher quality ($$$) lens to put on it, but either one would be a step up from what I've been using. I'll probably just get the kit lens, but it'd be nice to see some photos taken with the it at it's widest so I can see for myself what it looks like before I buy it.
Todd
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 48351

Postby bigalpha » Mar 22, 2007 1:22 pm

Todd -- Here is a whole slew of pictures taken with the XTi:

DPC

There are a lot that are taken by "professionals" but most are taken by average joes.
bigalpha
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Todd » Mar 22, 2007 11:59 pm

That's a great site, thanks for the link. It's good to see the all the information along with the pictures.
-Todd
Todd
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 48351

Postby hewhocaves » Mar 23, 2007 12:31 am

Todd wrote:
almost bought the XT, but figured that i'd spend the extra couple hundred to get the XTi. i think i bought it camera + lens for about $750-.

Do you have any photos from it online anywhere? I've read in several places where people have recommended just buying the body and getting a higher quality ($$$) lens to put on it, but either one would be a step up from what I've been using. I'll probably just get the kit lens, but it'd be nice to see some photos taken with the it at it's widest so I can see for myself what it looks like before I buy it.

i've only had it for about three weeks and i've been so busy that i really haven't had a chance to put the pics i've taken online.

I took these pics at the WVU rock wall. it's one of those places where even though there seems to be a lot of light, and point and shoot will use a flash. I decided not to do that, and instead shot at 1600 speed film and a 1/60th of a second:

http://wvu.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... d=25827072

personally, i was amazed that they even came out.

John
The NSS and WNS: Cooperation, not confrontation.
hewhocaves
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: John Tudek
NSS #: 36021
Primary Grotto Affiliation: MonGrotto

Previous

Return to Photography and Videography Forum