Bob & Bob Rope

Discuss vertical caving, equipment, & techniques. Also visit the NSS Vertical Section.

Moderator: Tim White

Bob & Bob Rope

Postby Ralph E. Powers » Nov 6, 2005 11:56 pm

I've a friend who is looking to buy some rope from B & B and is curious about the quality of the rope itself. Does anyone have a length of it and what experiences do you have with it? Who originally makes this rope for them?

Thanks.
Without the possibility of death, adventure is not possible. ~ Reinhold Messner

http://ralph.rigidtech.com/albums.php
Ralph E. Powers
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 37616

Postby caverdoc » Nov 7, 2005 8:20 am

Wellington Puritan out of New England makes Bob & Bob caving rope. It is less stiff than PMI Pit rope, about like Bluewater II, and stuffs well into rope bags. I had a 150' piece some years back but gave it to a caving buddy when I was in med school.
I liked it, smooth rope, no spin, very little stretch. Typical American static rope...
Doc Kennedy
caverdoc
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Jay Kennedy
NSS #: 18198
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Kansas City Area Grotto + Carroll Cave Conservancy + WVACS

Bob and Bob Rope

Postby pacaver » Nov 7, 2005 4:46 pm

I agree with Doc Kennedy, it's a good caving rope. I have a 300 footer that I got at their end of year(dare I say Christmas?) special advertised in the NSS news. I think it was 300 foot + ropebag for less than I paid a local store for 150 + ropebag. Mine's seen a lot of use and except for ugly black streaks from aluminum bars, it looks great and has little wear.
Kevin Dunleavy
York Grotto
MAKC
SCCI
NSS
pacaver
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 47644

Return to On Rope!