Lupine Spe-Lu vs StenLight S7 Headlamp

Discuss caving lights, packs, helmets, clothing, etc.
For rope and vertical equipment, go to the On Rope! forum.
Cave electronics enthusiasts can also visit the Communications and Electronics Section forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Randyrn » Jan 28, 2007 11:57 pm

I LOVE the Sten light! I did Fantastic Pit this past Thursday with TWO Stens on my helmet blazing on high power. I definitely saw things better than I had on previous trips! :kewl: I was in another cave on Saturday, and all of us but one had Sten lights. 5 Stens total. We really lit up the place. :laughing:
Randy

Few of us know what we are capable of doing... we have never pushed ourselves hard enough to find out. - Alfred A. Montapert
Randyrn
Occasional Poster

Name: Randy

Postby Biggimo1 » Feb 6, 2007 1:58 am

alot of people here in Missouri are using Apex's. I think its the best light you can get for the money. You just need to lube the seal. If you changed the reflector it would put out alot more light too. It uses an optic, like the sten light, that is inefficient with light transfer.

Brian B
Biggimo1
Occasional Poster

Postby Scott McCrea » Feb 6, 2007 7:03 am

Brian, did you do this modification with a reflector? If so, could you detail it a bit more in the Apex thread, here: http://forums.caves.org/viewtopic.php?p=30186#30186. Sounds interesting. I want to know more about what you did.
Scott McCrea
SWAYGO
Scott McCrea
Global Moderator

NSS #: 40839RL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flittermouse Grotto

Previous

Return to Equipment Forum