HOLA!

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

HOLA!

Postby Sneakers » Dec 27, 2006 10:47 pm

So...I'm Sneakers! I started caving with ORGT (Outdoor Recreation Georgia Tech) and I love it! I've only been doing it since...ummm...well crap....I guess March. Not sure. I've slowly been learning stuff (the most I can do is a pick off) and want to get into cave rescue at some point (probably not for a really long time since I know so little)! But yeah, that's about it!
Sneakers
Occasional Poster

Postby Dane » Dec 29, 2006 2:23 pm

Welcome!
There is a pretty good cave rescue presence on here, with some of the foremost people in the field.
You should be able to find all the resources you need.
Dane
"Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed."
http://www.myspace.com/daneinchattanooga
Dane
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Dane
NSS #: 57919
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Chattanooga

Postby wendy » Dec 29, 2006 3:23 pm

welcome...are you still in the Atlanta area? The Dogwood City Grotto is located around there and thereare a ton of great cavers in your area.
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Postby speloman » Dec 29, 2006 8:39 pm

Welcome!!!! :waving:
Justin Gleason 48217RE
:looking: If you can't grow it, I mine it.
speloman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Justin Gleason
NSS #: 48217RE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Northern Nevada Grotto

Postby Sneakers » Dec 29, 2006 11:35 pm

I've been to one DCG meeting here. Every time DCG has a meeting, ORGTs General Committee meeting decides it wants to run over...it makes me wanna cry! But the people seem really cool at DCG! Andy Z. actually showed me who they were! Hooray!
Sneakers
Occasional Poster

Postby graveleye » Dec 31, 2006 10:53 am

Are you going to be at the DCG meeting on Tuesday? My wife and I are planning on being there. If you are there, we should try to make a point to meet up.
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Postby Sneakers » Jan 1, 2007 5:25 pm

Yeah! I'll be there Tuesday, along with Mark, David, and Andy I'm sure! Just yell sneakers and I'll be sure to answer! Ha!
Sneakers
Occasional Poster

Postby graveleye » Jan 3, 2007 9:51 am

you know I thought I heard "sneakers" once or twice last night, but for some reason it didnt register with me :doh:

The meeting last night was a little thin though considering they had elections and all. You would have thought there would have been more people there. If you were wondering who I was, I sat on the right, and my wife was the embarrassed gal that won the pee-bag thingie that we are still scratching our heads over. :rofl:
ad astra per aspera

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

graveleye
Global Moderator

Postby Tim White » Jan 3, 2007 12:24 pm

graveleye wrote:...my wife was the embarrassed gal that won the pee-bag thingie that we are still scratching our heads over. :rofl:

Sorry that I missed that last night. :laughing: I was doing the part-time REI gig at Burford last night. Hope she won a Lady-J and not something else.
:oops:

sneakers, drop me a line sometime. It seems that ORGT has a good group of cavers up and running right now. You can't beat the leadership you have in Andy! :wtg:

Have you met or do you know Shaun ?? that is also new to ORGT? He worked part-time with me at REI in Burford.
Be safe,
Tim White 26949 RL FE

Southeastern Region Coordinator - NCRC
Editor, Nylon Highway
Senior Technical Manager - Over the Edge, Inc.
Tim White
Global Moderator

Postby graveleye » Jan 3, 2007 1:23 pm

Tim White wrote:[

Sorry that I missed that last night. :laughing: I was doing the part-time REI gig at Burford last night. Hope she won a Lady-J and not something else.

Its actually a bag that has some sort of biodegradable chemical that turns your pee into a solid and you can just throw it away. Weird! You should have seen her face when accepting her prize! :laughing:
ad astra per aspera

graveleye
Global Moderator

Postby Sneakers » Jan 6, 2007 6:12 pm

That prize was CRAZY! I've seen one of those before...I don't see their purpose... :huh:

So I was the young girl that went up to count votes if you need a face! And yeah, I know Sean, he's been caving maybe once or twice...not sure if he liked it...sadly...
I'd rather die doing something exciting instead of dying comfy in my bed!
Sneakers
Occasional Poster

Postby Dane » Jan 7, 2007 2:53 pm

graveleye wrote:
Tim White wrote:[

Its actually a bag that has some sort of biodegradable chemical that turns your pee into a solid and you can just throw it away. Weird! You should have seen her face when accepting her prize! :laughing:

Isn't that kitty-litter????
Dane
"Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed."
http://www.myspace.com/daneinchattanooga
Dane
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Dane
NSS #: 57919
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Chattanooga

Postby kmstill » Jan 7, 2007 5:35 pm

[quote="Sneakers"]That prize was CRAZY! I've seen one of those before...I don't see their purpose... :huh: quote]

knew a guy who's (used) pee bottle broke open in his pack mid-cave. suppose a solid would be less messy. though it seems to me a more durable peebottle would also do the job.
kelly
Kelly Still NSS50801
kmstill@gmail.com
kmstill
Prolific Poster

Name: Kelly Still
NSS #: 50801

Postby MoonshineR DavE » Jan 11, 2007 4:25 pm

ewwwwwwwwwwwww bet that sucks :laughing:
MoonshineR DavE
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Caver Introductions