Welcome to Cavechat

Please check this section for any important announcements regarding the NSS discussion board.

Moderator: Moderators

Welcome to Cavechat

Postby Wayne Harrison » Oct 5, 2006 9:19 am

As we pass the one-year mark for the new forum software, I want to thank all who have re-registered after the server crash and who visit the NSS Forum on a regular basis.

I think the large number of posters and the wide variety of posts and opinions make Cavechat the great caving forum that it is. And it couldn't be done without the diligence of our dedicated moderators who make sure things stay on track.

I'm very proud of what we've all accomplished here in the last year and I'm glad to say we continue our open-door policy of allowing NSS members and non-affiliated cavers to discuss caving issues that are of interest to us all.

I am also happy to report that the removal of the "three strikes" policy last year is working and we have not had to resort to banning anyone on the forum for any reason. I strongly believe in letting cavers police themselves on public forums. Cavers are free here to express their opinions, keeping within the terms of service guidelines, whenever they want -- this includes cavers who participate on other caving forums as well.

Thanks again for your support of the NSS Discussion Board. As always, please let me or any of the forum moderators know if there's anything you see that needs attention.
Wayne Harrison
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 18689 FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: unaffiliated

Postby batrotter » Oct 5, 2006 10:06 am

Thank you Wayne for making it happen!
batrotter
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Bruce Trotter
NSS #: 27849RL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Indiana Cave Survey

Postby Squirrel Girl » Oct 5, 2006 10:09 am

Rah, yeah, Wayne! And all the rest of Cavechat!
:toast:
Barbara Anne am Ende

"Weird people are my people."
Squirrel Girl
Global Moderator

NSS #: 15789

Postby Wayne Harrison » Oct 5, 2006 10:23 am

Thanks, and let me claify the statement I made on banning for those who parse my sentences. We have not had to resort to a permanent banning for any reason.

I'd also neglected to thank Tom Rea and Cheryl Jones, NSS OVPs for their unwavering support.
Wayne Harrison
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 18689 FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: unaffiliated

Postby Cheryl Jones » Oct 5, 2006 11:07 am

Thanks, Wayne, for a great job, and for all you've done to improve and promote the forum. :wtg: :thanks: :bow:

And thanks to all the cavechat members who keep the forum an interesting and happenin' place. :rock band:

:banana: I see we're nearly reached 1,000 members! :banana:

Cheryl
Cheryl Jones
Global Moderator

Name: Cheryl Jones
NSS #: 14479 FE OS
Primary Grotto Affiliation: BATS

Return to Please Read