Old Timer's Day at Peacock Springs

Questions, techniques, gear, safety. Also visit the NSS Cave Diving Section.

Moderator: Moderators

Old Timer's Day at Peacock Springs

Postby kelly » Oct 7, 2005 4:09 am

Old Timer's Day at PSSP Oct. 15th
We will be holding the first "Old Timer's Day" event at PSSP at the Orange Grove pavilion on Saturday Oct. 15th from 10 AM to 3PM, lunch will be served. Please bring any old pictures of Peacock Springs from years ago,
a log book with recorded dives or an old story to share. We will serve lunch, if you would like to bring a covered dish with you that would be great. Please plan to attend!
PSSP CSO Committee
kelly
Occasional Poster

Postby Cindy Butler » Oct 8, 2005 2:05 pm

Hey Kelly, Janet has given me permission to be at the Old Timers Day and collect for the new Cave Diving Museum and Library inc. I am writing a message here about the Museum. Everyone please bring something for the museum, even if it's only a question!

The Cave Diving Museum and Library inc. is a small not for projet group dedicated to the preservation of the history of cave diving and the ongoing documentation of the activity. This museum will be housed in or near High Springs, Florida. Through our efforts we hope to provide a centralized, non-political and non-biased collection of cave diving history. We will start by gathering euqipment, books, stories (written ones for now please), and of course, money! All of this will be cataloged and placed into the museum collection. Except for the money--that will be used to run the place.

Cave Diving is a young sport and we are privileged to still have some of the original players to provide information. This museum will be open to the public and we will strive to be a source of education and entertainment for anyone interested in cave diving. Our reference library will be professionally cataloged to provide resource for research into cave diving and the nature of water-filled caves.

Representatives of the group will be at the Old Timers Day at Peacock Springs Oct 15th, and we will also provide information at some of the upcoming conferences. Your donations will be tax deductible; we will have documentation for you to complete so you will receive credit and so any equipment can be correctly displayed. We are also planning a web page that further explains our efforts and goals. It will be at http://www.overheadtimes.com . Until this is all up and running feel free to ask questions.

Cindy Butler
Cindy Butler
Occasional Poster

Postby kelly » Oct 8, 2005 7:17 pm

That is great news. I have an obligation that day on a cave system we are hoping to get open,so my apologies for not be able to make it. I have forwarded the information about this day some "old timers" in cave diving hoping they'll participate.
kelly
Occasional Poster

Postby normblitch » Oct 18, 2005 8:03 am

kelly wrote:That is great news. I have an obligation that day on a cave system we are hoping to get open,so my apologies for not be able to make it. I have forwarded the information about this day some "old timers" in cave diving hoping they'll participate.

Kelly,

hope these fill in the void... :lol:

http://www.pbase.com/eanx/psspot101505&page=all

Norm
"This e-mail is a natural product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are considered flaws or defects."
normblitch
New Poster

Return to Cave Diving Forum