Hello from a Newbie

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Hello from a Newbie

Postby Kel » Jun 22, 2006 1:11 pm

Hi there.
I'm Kel, almost 50, and new to this site and to caving. I have the great fortune to be married to an avid and talented caver. She is introducing me to the underworld. So far, 2 wild caves (horizontal). We are members of PBSS in TX. I'm really looking forward to the vert. workshop at the NSS convention, as well as all the rest of the activities. I hope to say Hi to many of you there. :waving:
Kel
Infrequent Poster

Welcome Kel

Postby Ernie Coffman » Jun 22, 2006 2:01 pm

Welcome to CaveChat, Kel. See you're in Texas, so anywhere near San Antonio? Hill Country very nearby and that's great caving country. My wife's brother used to live there, so...did some great caving around those parts. Also, Natural Bridge is something else to see! Wish we had something like that here in Oregon.

Maybe we'll run into you at the Washington Convention.

Faraway Ern in Oregon Territory :kewl:
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Kel » Jun 22, 2006 3:01 pm

We are approx. 160 W. of San Antonio. My wife formally lived in Bellingham, and we are really stoked about going. Hope to see you there.
Kel Thomas
NSS 57559
Permian Basin Speleological Society
Kel
Infrequent Poster

Really stoked about Bellingham, 'eh?

Postby Ernie Coffman » Jun 22, 2006 3:14 pm

Howdy down there Kel,

I should have looked at your description...and would have noticed that you were in Sonora, so 140 miles it is! Sonora Caverns--a great cave! And, a wife that used to live in Bellingham, so that's why you're stoked, huh? Well, that'll be great to see some country that she hasn't seen for awhile...and you'll get a reprieve from the heat of Texas, too! I'll look forward to meeting up with you...maybe at the Vertical Workshop or the Vertical Climbing Contest. Needless to say, I'll be around. :banana:

If you want to contact me further, let's take it off line and do a private email, so we don't tie up CaveChat. I'm sure that will be appreciated.

Faraway Ern in Oregon Territory
:patriotic2:
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Pinoycaver » Jun 22, 2006 8:20 pm

hi there! Oh, by the way, thanks wendy for re-routing me outta here. I think, Im the most far away from you guys, I live here in the Philippines. As per records here, we'v many virgin and still undocumented huge caves here - be it of any kind -either wet, horizontal, vertical, underwater, so on. Honestly, I cannot talk much as far as "Caving" is concern. In my almost five years of caving, I still considered myself "neophyte" for this activity, thus lack of caving outfits. My very warmth regards to all.
"In the underground world, not everyone is who they seem to be..."
Pinoycaver
Infrequent Poster

Postby Squirrel Girl » Jun 22, 2006 8:55 pm

Caveman_n_Samar wrote:hi there! Oh, by the way, thanks wendy for re-routing me outta here. I think, Im the most far away from you guys, I live here in the Philippines. As per records here, we'v many virgin and still undocumented huge caves here - be it of any kind -either wet, horizontal, vertical, underwater, so on. Honestly, I cannot talk much as far as "Caving" is concern. In my almost five years of caving, I still considered myself "neophyte" for this activity, thus lack of caving outfits. My very warmth regards to all.
Welcome aboard C_n_S. I hear good things about caves in the Philippines. I'd love to go myself sometime!
Barbara Anne am Ende

"Weird people are my people."
Squirrel Girl
Global Moderator

NSS #: 15789

Postby Pinoycaver » Jun 22, 2006 9:13 pm

yup thanks barbie! im sure you'll not regret coming here. il personally bring you to Philippines' biggest largest karsts cave called "Langun-Gobingob Caves" measuring about 2, 968 hectares. While inside, we can see the "blind fish", the first gobinee species that can be found only here. Neighboring caves, also features "Cave Pearls" rock formations shaped to "Virgin Mary" and other saints can also be found here. To see is to believe. hehehe!

Ricky Bautista
"In the underground world, not everyone is who they seem to be..."
Pinoycaver
Infrequent Poster

Return to Caver Introductions