Hatch

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Hatch

Postby Hatch » Jun 12, 2006 12:24 pm

Hi, my name is Alan "Hatch" Hatcher and I'm a caver and not afraid to start a new topic. :-)

I'm a member of the NSS with the Nashville Grotto, and also a sustaining member of the SCCi.

I went on my first wild caving trip through Sinking Cove Cave back in July of 2001 with Gary and Kevin Barnes. I met a lot of people in the Birmingham Grotto that weekend as well. So it took me almost five years after that to recover enough to join the grotto in Nashville. :rofl:

Anyway, I've been visiting about 1.5 caves a month this year including such caves as Fricks, Hardins, Tumbling Rock, Cedar Ridge, Stephens Gap, Limrock, and others. I'm in the middle of shedding a lot of weight, so I'm holding off on learning vertical techniques for now. I should be on track to start learning later this summer.

I serve as the webmaster for the Nashville Grotto, and I currently publish the monthly newsletter until a new victi....err, volunteer can be found.

I attended my first SERA this year, and when I find out who set off the carbide bombs right next to my tent during my nap I'm going begin planning my revenge.
Hatch
NSS# 56765

http://hatch.blogspot.com
Hatch
Prolific Poster

Name: J. Alan Hatcher
NSS #: 56765
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Nashville Grotto

Re: Hatch

Postby barcelonacvr » Jun 12, 2006 10:35 pm

until a new victi....err

I hear ya :tonguecheek: :hairpull:
barcelonacvr
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Re: Hatch

Postby CaverScott » Jun 13, 2006 7:39 am

Hatch wrote:I went on my first wild caving trip through Sinking Cove Cave back in July of 2001 with Gary and Kevin Barnes. I met a lot of people in the Birmingham Grotto that weekend as well. So it took me almost five years after that to recover enough to join the grotto in Nashville. :rofl:

Hatch - Come on down the end of the month.... The annual Sinking Cove trip is on. Maybe we can rattle your cage one more time for old times sake? :woohoo:
CaverScott
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 19797L
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Birmingham CIG SCCi IKC

Postby Hatch » Jun 13, 2006 1:58 pm

I don't think I'm going to be able to make it Sinking Cove this year with you guys. Our family vacation is stretching into the holiday weekend. I am planning on trying to make the time change weekend trip in the fall though.
Hatch
NSS# 56765

http://hatch.blogspot.com
Hatch
Prolific Poster

Name: J. Alan Hatcher
NSS #: 56765
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Nashville Grotto

Return to Caver Introductions