Three CCR Depth records on stock units

Questions, techniques, gear, safety. Also visit the NSS Cave Diving Section.

Moderator: Moderators

Three CCR Depth records on stock units

Postby cedricverdier » May 29, 2006 5:11 am

Hi all,

In the past few months, I was glad to be part of a team of experienced rebreather divers who explored the Sra Keow cave in Krabi, Thailand:

- I personaly pushed the limits of the Cave to 201 m/ 663ft using a standard ISC Megalodon Closed-Circuit rebreather with an axial scrubber and no major modification. This dive is supposed to be the deepest dive ever done with a Megalodon, and also the deepest cave dive/rebreather dive ever done in Asia.

- Mike Gadd (Dr Mike), from Singapore, reached a depth of 191m / 626ft with a Delta-P Ouroboros CCR with no modification. Here again, it's supposed to be the deepest dive ever done with this unit.

- During a previous expedition, Bruce Konefe (Andibk) used an AP Diving Evolution CCR to explore the same cave at 120m / 393ft, quite a challenge with a very small scrubber.

I just finished a full trip report (finally!). It's now available on http://www.cedricverdier.com (Cave Expeditions page).

The same team will be in the Philippines Islands in July to uncover the mysteries of the sunken WWII japanese battleships Yamashiro and Fuso at 200m / 660ft.

Cheers

Cedric Verdier
cedricverdier
Infrequent Poster

Return to Cave Diving Forum