Limit for size for Therion

Techniques, equipment and issues. Also visit the NSS Survey & Cartography Section.

Moderator: Moderators

Limit for size for Therion

Postby jinvik » Sep 3, 2018 12:53 pm

Hi, I am learning how to use Therion to compile my surveys. I keep getting the error "too many data readings", I keep cutting my file down, I am now down to only 10 stations, is this really to big for the program, or is there perhaps something else wrong? Grateful for all suggestions.
Thanks,
Jesse
jinvik
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 68735
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Alberta Speological Society

Re: Limit for size for Therion

Postby alvaro » Sep 4, 2018 7:58 am

I guess the problem isn't the number of stations, but the number of measurements for each station. You are probably entering too many of them for the given station type.
alvaro
New Poster

Postby jinvik » Sep 4, 2018 9:14 am

Never mind, I solved this for myself, SexyTopo had thrown in some extra lines, after each station it put in the a semi-colon, and then the three shots that made up the values for that station, that's what was causing the issue.
jinvik
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 68735
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Alberta Speological Society

Postby KsCaver22 » Sep 4, 2018 2:49 pm

There is something wrong with your file. I have at least one cave with over a thousand survey stations in one file, and I have heard of people with MANY more than that.

Get on the Therion email list. The support there is much faster and more complete than what you will find here.
KsCaver22
Occasional Poster

Name: Bill Gee
NSS #: 49528
Primary Grotto Affiliation: KCAG

Return to Survey and Cartography Forum