suggestions for hor/vert caves near chattanooga

Caves and caving, beginning caving, joining the NSS, etc.

Moderator: Moderators

suggestions for hor/vert caves near chattanooga

Postby mbitar11814 » Oct 10, 2017 11:09 am

My husband and I will be travelling to Chattanooga and also near blue ridge in November. we would like to bounce a pit no more than 80 ft and explore a cave as well. So far Signal Light, Cedar Ridge Crystal and Water Works have been suggested but of course I cannot find any info on them to help us decide. If you have any suggestions we would appreciate it and please give as much detail as possible like how far the hike in is and how big of a pit it has, also who ownes it so that we can get permits if needed, thank you and have a great day. :grin: :grin: :grin:
mbitar11814
New Poster

NSS #: 68395
Primary Grotto Affiliation: G3 Grotto

Re: suggestions for hor/vert caves near chattanooga

Postby bennettbike » Oct 29, 2017 12:10 pm

Iron Hoop would be fun, maybe like 1 hour away, bring something to mark your way. Fox Mountain would be your best bet for a short drop like Rustys Cave. Its only like 35 feet but there is a 100 footer out there too. Rusty is a good quick day trip that has a lot to see but wont take more than 2 hours. Neversink pit Google that! Maybe go to Tumbling Rock Cave or Limrock. Google these... Post back here.
bennettbike
Prolific Poster

NSS #: 61840RE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby bennettbike » Oct 29, 2017 12:11 pm

Pm me your number ill help ya out
bennettbike
Prolific Poster

NSS #: 61840RE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby UnderGroundEarth » Oct 30, 2017 2:10 pm

mbitar11814 wrote:My husband and I will be travelling to Chattanooga and also near blue ridge in November. we would like to bounce a pit no more than 80 ft and explore a cave as well. So far Signal Light, Cedar Ridge Crystal and Water Works have been suggested but of course I cannot find any info on them to help us decide. If you have any suggestions we would appreciate it and please give as much detail as possible like how far the hike in is and how big of a pit it has, also who ownes it so that we can get permits if needed, thank you and have a great day. :grin: :grin: :grin:

I can help you with any of those, I live in South Pittsburg, Tennessee and I also have a key to Cedar Ridge.

Kelly
www.tagcaver.com
Unearthly Beauty Lies Underground for those who Venture In!
www.flickr.com/undergroundearth
UnderGroundEarth
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Kelly Smallwood
NSS #: 58745 RL,FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Sewanee Mountain Grotto

Return to Caving General Discussion and Questions Forum