Nice article on caving in Montana...if you can read all of i

Post cave-related articles published in the mainstream media here. Please observe copyrights, posting only short excerpts with link to full article.

Moderator: Moderators

Nice article on caving in Montana...if you can read all of i

Postby Ernie Coffman » Sep 19, 2017 8:18 pm

Here's a link to a nice article on caving in Montana--Think Convention in 2018--and what the cavers have come up with.
http://www.greatfallstribune.com/story/ ... 655923001/
It includes cleaning up a cave that's pretty famous; the deepest cave in the U.S.--Which I wasn't aware of--and discussing the various treks to the Bob Marshall Wilderness area, where back in '69, it was advertised in the convention messages to come there and discover your own cave...which we did, but...you you young'uns wouldn't know about that. :rofl:
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Re: Nice article on caving in Montana...if you can read all

Postby gindling » Sep 20, 2017 8:32 am

The cave clean up was at Lick creek Cave, think Grassy Cove Saltpeter amounts of graffitti, glowsticks and beercans.

There being very few people into Tears there is no trash or graffitti to remove. Except tears of pain and smears of muddy blood we may have left on the walls...

There will be trips to the wilderness pre and post convention and its still likely that you will find your very own new cave!
gindling
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 53629
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Northern Rocky Mountain Grotto

Return to Caves, Caving In The News Forum