TAG fall cave-in

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby mgmills » Sep 29, 2005 6:31 pm

Robert Sewell wrote:I'm thinking about driving down for the day on Saturday. I'd love to meet and cave with more of my fellow TAG cavers. If I can make it, this will be my first Cave-In. Is there a single-day-pass rate? I can't do the whole weekend.

Robert - I'm pretty sure day passes are available but you must leave by the time registration closes (which I think is 4 pm on Saturday) - which means you miss the party. . . however if you are just interested in seeing the site and shopping at vendors a day pass might meet your needs.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby Robert Sewell » Sep 29, 2005 8:47 pm

Thanks, Martha. I was thinking mostly about shopping on vendor row and seeing my fellow 'Porters, then heading for the cave cleanup.
Why do they say we're psychotic as if it's a bad thing?
Robert Sewell
Occasional Poster

New tag location

Postby Kevenater » Sep 30, 2005 5:55 am

I just saw that TAG is not at Sequoyah anymore, I hate to hear that!! I don't know if i can make it now :cry: I'll see what I can do though.
KEVEN
Kevenater
Frequent Poster

Name: Keven Williams
NSS #: 46794

Postby kvart » Sep 30, 2005 6:58 am

Keven,
If you have never been to the new TAG Fall Cave-in site, you are in for a treat! It is not far from the old site and if you are traveling any distance, it will probably not add but just a few miles to your trip. The site is absoutely beautiful with shaded campsites everywhere, hot showeres, big field, and an awesome Vendor's Village.

Dogwood City Grotto has been working very hard for the past two years improving, building, and planning. Although we are dealing with cavers here, I dont think anyone will come away dissapointed with the new Cave-in site.

This year we have added a playground for the kiddies. If are a family oriented type individual, be not in dispair, DCG is working hard to make the Cave-in a family oriented event. There is a new permanent 16'x24' sand box, a small plastic toddler swing set, a wooden 10' foot big kiddie swing set, a 70' zip line complete with a basket to set the kiddies in, face paintings, and lots more activities for the kiddies. There is also a great obstacle course for the "bigger" kiddies. There is also a talent show on Fri nite. "Cavers Entertaining Cavers" which should prove to be unique.

Of course, there is also PARTYING, CAVING, VISITING WITH OLD FRIENDS, AND JUST PLAIN FUN!

Look me up when you come......I'll be on stage Fri nite, or at the face painting booth every day from 3pm-6pm.........and ya dont have to be a kid to get your face painted!

Hope to see you there.

Glenn Mills
Activities Committee
kvart

NSS #: 32846

Postby cave rat » Oct 1, 2005 12:15 am

Tony,

I'd be interested in going to Bible Springs and the 155' pit.
Cave Rat
NSS 46542RE
SCCI
Jackson County/Scottsboro Grotto
cave rat
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 46542RE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Jackson County-Scottsboro Grotto

Postby rchrds » Oct 3, 2005 7:23 am

Caver wrote:I'll be there. Along with my friends that love to party and play music. They play the guitar, banjo, and mandolin. We had a great jam session with some other cavers last year in our campsite.

Hey Caver- I just picked up a banjo, and am looking for some pointers- think one of your friends might be able to give me a little help? I play the harp (big one, lots of strings) and violin, but no guitar type experience, so I am a little lost- :) Who will you be staying with? I'll be traveling with the latest incarnation of FROG (Fort Rucker-Ozarks Grotto)- dont know where we'll be right now.

Also- could someone toss me the URL for the Cave-in- I need to pass it along, and I cant find it online.

jason
rchrds
Prolific Poster

Name: Jason Richards
NSS #: 41539
Primary Grotto Affiliation: None at the moment

Postby kvart » Oct 3, 2005 7:39 am

Also- could someone toss me the URL for the Cave-in- I need to pass it along, and I cant find it online.

jason

http://www.tagfallcavein.org/homex.html
Last edited by kvart on Oct 3, 2005 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
kvart

Postby coferj » Oct 3, 2005 7:57 am

kvart wrote:

jason

[/quote]

Brackets came in, linkie no workie. :D

coferj
Occasional Poster

Name: Brett
NSS #: 54912

Postby kvart » Oct 3, 2005 8:08 am

OOOPs....thx coferj.....fixed that!

Weird how it didnt work in my orig post but it works in your quote!

FRY MAH HIDE!
kvart

Re: Now that's Class!!

Postby CaverScott » Oct 3, 2005 11:04 am

Pretzlgirl wrote:What say yea? If we all brought a bottle of our favorite wine we could have a wine tasting party.

I have a few bottles set out to come up with me. I will ice down the whites and try to keep the reds cool. I am thinking Friday evening around 9ish. Any other comments?

Lynn? Kelley? Are you still "game?" :?:
CaverScott
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 19797L
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Birmingham CIG SCCi IKC

Postby Lynn » Oct 3, 2005 11:16 am

Scott Fee wrote:
Pretzlgirl wrote:What say yea? If we all brought a bottle of our favorite wine we could have a wine tasting party.

I have a few bottles set out to come up with me. I will ice down the whites and try to keep the reds cool. I am thinking Friday evening around 9ish. Any other comments?

Sure 'nuff Scott, sounds like a plan!
But it seems I may coming down with the creeping crud so I may limit my intake to Vit. C drinks. :sick:
Last edited by Lynn on Oct 3, 2005 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/cavers CAVERS, CAVES & CAVING PHOTOS
Lynn
Prolific Poster

NSS #: 34627LF

Postby Phil Winkler » Oct 3, 2005 12:10 pm

I'll be traveling with the latest incarnation of FROG (Fort Rucker-Ozarks Grotto)- dont know where we'll be right now.

Jason, you're kidding me! I'm one of the founding members along with Jimmy Harrison, Gil & Jill Ediger, Paul Boyer, Kenny Branson, Larry ?, and a few others. FROG originally formed in 1972-1973.

Hmmm..I might still have all the back issues of The Frog Croaks...the NSS Library certainly has them all. It was classified by the Brits as "that rude American caving publication..".

Is Ozark still dry?
Phil Winkler
13627 FE
Phil Winkler
Global Moderator

NSS #: 13627FE

Postby rchrds » Oct 3, 2005 3:04 pm

Phil Winkler wrote:
I'll be traveling with the latest incarnation of FROG (Fort Rucker-Ozarks Grotto)- dont know where we'll be right now.

Jason, you're kidding me! I'm one of the founding members along with Jimmy Harrison, Gil & Jill Ediger, Paul Boyer, Kenny Branson, Larry ?, and a few others. FROG originally formed in 1972-1973.

Hmmm..I might still have all the back issues of The Frog Croaks...the NSS Library certainly has them all. It was classified by the Brits as "that rude American caving publication..".

Is Ozark still dry?

Haha- we'll we're not really the official grotto anymore- just a bunch of us pilot types that I managed to round up and collect, and we sort of just adopted the name for the time being- as we leave, I doubt the group will stay alive- but oh well. :) It's fun to keep the memories around! Ozark isint dry anymore (that I know of)... but now that I think of it, maybe it still is. hmmmm. Very interesting!

J
rchrds
Prolific Poster

Name: Jason Richards
NSS #: 41539
Primary Grotto Affiliation: None at the moment

Postby Phil Winkler » Oct 3, 2005 3:22 pm

Jason,

Have you met Paul & Trish Spiliotis out in Enterprise. I'm pretty sure Trish has a bunch of the old FROG Croaks, too. Give'em a call. I'd bet they are the only Spiliotis in the phone book. :) 504 Holly Hill Rd.

Tell Hi for me....
Phil Winkler
13627 FE
Phil Winkler
Global Moderator

NSS #: 13627FE

Postby wendy » Oct 3, 2005 3:52 pm

Scott Fee wrote:

Hey! What about me?
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

PreviousNext

Return to Caver Events