TERRANAUT CORPS in Orlando, FL

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

TERRANAUT CORPS in Orlando, FL

Postby arachiya » Nov 8, 2015 12:25 pm

Greetings, I rejoined cavechat to try to find interested people in the Orlando area who want to participate in my tribe's TERRANAUT CORPS caving group. Three parcels of land that were purchased for the tribe, contains a cave named Dragon which has many leads that need to be dug out. I placed ads in local papers but very rarely has anyone expressed interest and the few that have are rather scared to come to the meetings or the trips (especially if they are the only female) given all the violence in the local papers lately.
This is not an NSS grotto and provides interested persons more than just caving activity, we have arts & crafts, video production, camping and many other activities. All for free. The newsletter; THE SUBTERRANEAN, can be viewed and downloaded from the tribe's website skywatcherclan.0catch.com and from googleplus communities (Terranaut Corps).
Any local Orlando, Ocoee,Apopka, Winter Garden, Lockhart residents here?
arachiya
Infrequent Poster

Re: TERRANAUT CORPS in Orlando, FL

Postby arachiya » Nov 13, 2015 12:54 pm

I love how the Orlando Sentinel prints the ad after the meeting has occurred. The first trip of November was delayed until to the 15 which has better predicted weather. The goal is to remove more soil from the newly discovered passage and push it further.
arachiya
Infrequent Poster

Re: TERRANAUT CORPS in Orlando, FL

Postby arachiya » Nov 15, 2015 6:30 pm

Our trip to Dragon Cave revealed new cave passage, in every direction, the skeletal remains of a creature that looks like it had the saw tooth back ridges of a dragon and flow stone, small stalactites and a weird shaped column were discovered in examination of the photos.
arachiya
Infrequent Poster

Return to Caver Introductions