New to Pulaski County Missouri

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

New to Pulaski County Missouri

Postby AdventureVet » Jun 12, 2014 3:46 am

Hello all:

I always loved going into caves in PA and now that I am retired i love to explore more at my own pace not with a group being rushed. So my question is i have read about caves like berrys, Indian and Inca caves and few others but not able to find a great idea of where they are located. if someone could help me out i would really love it and if anyone knows of locations of old structures in the woods or things like that i like to look at that stuff to.

I do have the location of Old Indian Lead Mine
Latitude: XXXXXXXX
Longitude: XXXXXXXX
but wasn't so sure if its ok for me to just take a look at it.

Moderator (SG) Comment: I edited out the location and sent a PM to AdventureVet about our TOS. I'm sure some folks will explain to our new friend how to find folks. Maybe some MO folks know how to get him in the right grotto (or other group) so he doesn't feel "rushed" and actually welcomed! :kewl:
AdventureVet
New Poster

Re: New to Pulaski County Missouri

Postby Chads93GT » Jun 12, 2014 11:19 am

You should get in touch with the MSM Spelunkers (grotto) out of Rolla, MO. There is a lot of work being done in Pulaski county. Most project caving. At least, the only cavers I know over there are surveyors.
Chads93GT
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Re: New to Pulaski County Missouri

Postby Phil Winkler » Jun 12, 2014 11:23 am

When I started caving there in 1969 I bought a copy of J. Harlan Bretz' Caves of Missouri. You can probably find a copy online. It has lots of cave locations. Tunnel Cave north of Waynesville is a fun one, too.
Phil Winkler
13627 FE
Phil Winkler
Global Moderator

NSS #: 13627FE

Return to Caver Introductions