Another Hello from Atlanta

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Another Hello from Atlanta

Postby jderoo » Apr 30, 2014 10:31 pm

I'm John DeRoo. I've been in the NSS since I joined the Cave Diving Section several years ago, but have only recently started dry caving. Now that I live in Atlanta I hope to become more active in both dry caving and cave diving.
jderoo
Infrequent Poster

Name: John DeRoo
NSS #: 57766
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Cave Diving Section and Dogwood City Grotto

Re: Another Hello from Atlanta

Postby graveleye » May 1, 2014 7:46 am

welcome to the forum. Are you going to be at the next DCG meeting? We have a couple of cave divers that you probably already know.
The meeting this month isn't going to be at REI as usual. It is going to be at Fernbank Science Center in the planetarium, which should be really cool.
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Postby jderoo » May 1, 2014 9:45 am

Yes, I plan to be at the grotto meeting. I suspect one of the cave divers you are referring to is Forrest, and I have known him for several years through the CDS. When I lived in MA, Forrest gave me my first exposure to 'dry' caving at the NSS convention in VT. I put 'dry' in quotes because I got wetter in that cave than I have ever gotten while cave diving. So, when I moved to GA and he offered to take me dry caving locally in a cave "like the one in VT," I prepared for another complete immersion. I was pleasantly surprised when the water didn't even go over the tops of my boots.
jderoo
Infrequent Poster

Name: John DeRoo
NSS #: 57766
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Cave Diving Section and Dogwood City Grotto

Postby graveleye » May 1, 2014 10:18 am

Yep, our Forrest is one of our resident cave divers. He runs the planetarium over there, and is a great guy to be around.
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Return to Caver Introductions