New Caver, long time naturalist from New Jersey

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

New Caver, long time naturalist from New Jersey

Postby cmb368 » Dec 2, 2012 6:54 pm

Hello,
My name is Chris I have been climbing on and off since High school but got serious about it 4 years ago. I have done 3 caving trips 2 in NY one of those involving a vertical element and one in PA with the Philadelphia Grotto. I am traveling to Turkey in December and it would be such a waste to not go into any caves during my stay, but I am have no idea what the status with the white nose fungus that effects our bats is over in Turkey and who could I find as a guide.
cmb368
Infrequent Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: Philadelphia Grotto

Re: New Caver, long time naturalist from New Jersey

Postby Phil Winkler » Dec 3, 2012 9:00 am

Welcome to the forum, Chris.

The NSS exchanges publications with the Turkish Cave Research Association. Here is their address:
Cave Research Assoc.
PO BOX 670
YENISEHIR
ANKARA
TURKEY

Good luck. There are many fine caves in Turkey, too.
Phil Winkler
13627 FE
Phil Winkler
Global Moderator

NSS #: 13627FE

Re: New Caver, long time naturalist from New Jersey

Postby Caving Guru » Apr 28, 2014 6:51 am

cmb368 wrote:Hello,
My name is Chris I have been climbing on and off since High school but got serious about it 4 years ago. I have done 3 caving trips 2 in NY one of those involving a vertical element and one in PA with the Philadelphia Grotto. I am traveling to Turkey in December and it would be such a waste to not go into any caves during my stay, but I am have no idea what the status with the white nose fungus that effects our bats is over in Turkey and who could I find as a guide.

I know this is a pretty old post but if you ever plan on going back to Turkey I would suggest that you contact this Turkish caver on Cave Chat with the username "Kuzgun" who has 77 posts so far on Cave Chat.
Caving Guru
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Caver Introductions