Bats Boiled Alive in Guam

Post cave-related articles published in the mainstream media here. Please observe copyrights, posting only short excerpts with link to full article.

Moderator: Moderators

Bats Boiled Alive in Guam

Postby BrianFrank » Mar 21, 2014 7:23 pm

All TAG cavers join http://www.SCCI.org. A small price for a GREAT resource.
BrianFrank
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Brian
NSS #: 52121
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Re: Bats Boiled Alive in Guam

Postby Chads93GT » Mar 23, 2014 10:23 am

Folks from india would probably say the same thing every time you eat a hamburger.
Chads93GT
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby BrianFrank » Mar 23, 2014 7:23 pm

Speaking of India....I was in south east India a few years ago visiting a remote village as part of a mission trip. I was invited into someones hut and in the middle of the main room was an ant hill (dirt floor). I asked why they did't get rid of it and it turns out that since the ant hill started appearing one day the family started having good luck and prosperity, so they new it was a God that sent it. I was warned by my translator to dare not accidentally step too close and damage the growing mound or kill any of the ants and ruin the luck this family was having.

Sorry, this had nothing to do with caving.
All TAG cavers join http://www.SCCI.org. A small price for a GREAT resource.
BrianFrank
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Brian
NSS #: 52121
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby Chads93GT » Mar 23, 2014 10:11 pm

BrianFrank wrote:Speaking of India....I was in south east India a few years ago visiting a remote village as part of a mission trip. I was invited into someones hut and in the middle of the main room was an ant hill (dirt floor). I asked why they did't get rid of it and it turns out that since the ant hill started appearing one day the family started having good luck and prosperity, so they new it was a God that sent it. I was warned by my translator to dare not accidentally step too close and damage the growing mound or kill any of the ants and ruin the luck this family was having.

Sorry, this had nothing to do with caving.

hahah thats weird. My point was, different parts of the world have different cultures. I'm sure those bat eaters in Guam would be appalled at our Hollywood sex violence and drugs culture ;)
Chads93GT
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby jbhubbell » Mar 24, 2014 5:36 am

Our culture is based on becoming as successful as our personalities can abide and then dial it back a bit so we dont seem too cool for everyone else. These guys in guam are tripped up by mirrors and cig lighters like they posses the power to make them lose their soul. The ET's, if there are any, would look at us in the same way we look at Guamians and Australians. We have spent our entire lives and lots of money proving that we can smell nice and keep our possessions clean, but what do we do for fun? Roll in the mud and watch a campfire burn.
jbhubbell
Infrequent Poster

Name: JB Hubbell
NSS #: 64869
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Birmingham Grotto

Postby Anonymous_Coward » Mar 25, 2014 4:03 pm

Australians??
Andy Armstrong
American Carbide Council
Anonymous_Coward
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster