Facebook/Pics/Twitter & Social Media Mining

Topics and issues of interest to cavers which are not related to caving. No political or religious discussions, please.

Moderator: Moderators

Facebook/Pics/Twitter & Social Media Mining

Postby b4caving2day » Feb 23, 2014 3:58 pm

b4caving2day refuses to employ Facebook, Pics, Facebook and more due to the fact that nothing posted is ever lost within the Internet.
Mining of data occurs more often than generally believed and those who saw this coming are better positioned to have a private life. No
celluar, no e-mail, no fax, and there are more things a no admission personal policy eliminates from the data base being built on all of us.
Call me old fashioned. Some don't stand in public hearing telling any listener their personal life. We who carry secrets into Cavechat.org
have risk. People who exist to delve into this planet are not necessarily kindly disposed to others driven by political ethic, speleological
pursuit, etc. There are things b4caving2day would't bring into Cavechat.org but they nontheless arrive. Even as unhappy campers from
outside organized caving drift into these discussions to be recognized. One sentence other than this that mentioned Edward Snowden had
followed the previous sentence. Then, my computer went down thrice quickly, and took me back to this post with my last sentence partly
deleted. Thank you. b4caving2day has had doubts but is now convinced. Nothing posted is ever lost within the internet. :bat sticker:
b4caving2day
Infrequent Poster

Re: Facebook/Pics/Twitter & Social Media Mining

Postby LukeM » Feb 24, 2014 9:06 am

I see you failed to say hi to the NSA.
LukeM
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Luke Mazza
NSS #: 59317
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Syracuse University Outing Club

Postby Bumbalawski » Feb 24, 2014 1:53 pm

Get this b4caving2day guy off of here. he is not real.
Bumbalawski
Prolific Poster

Name: Don Carns Jr.
NSS #: 54725
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Western Maryland Grotto

Postby caver.adam » Feb 24, 2014 2:28 pm

Are you arguing that b4caving2day fails the Turing test?
caver.adam
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: Louisville Grotto

Postby gindling » Feb 24, 2014 2:30 pm

Well he fails the Grammar Test. He may have some wires crossed.

Almost fell out of my chair laughing at that, my bad!
Last edited by gindling on Feb 24, 2014 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gindling
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 53629
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Northern Rocky Mountain Grotto

Postby msm0711 » Feb 24, 2014 8:11 pm

.......Grammar.....
msm0711
Frequent Poster

Name: Michael McBride
NSS #: 65541

Postby caverdan » Feb 24, 2014 9:14 pm

b4caving2day wrote:b4caving2day refuses to employ Facebook, Pics, Facebook and more due to the fact that nothing posted is ever lost within the Internet.
Mining of data occurs more often than generally believed and those who saw this coming are better positioned to have a private life. No
celluar, no e-mail, no fax, and there are more things a no admission personal policy eliminates from the data base being built on all of us.
Call me old fashioned. Some don't stand in public hearing telling any listener their personal life. We who carry secrets into Cavechat.org
have risk. People who exist to delve into this planet are not necessarily kindly disposed to others driven by political ethic, speleological
pursuit, etc. There are things b4caving2day would't bring into Cavechat.org but they nontheless arrive. Even as unhappy campers from
outside organized caving drift into these discussions to be recognized. One sentence other than this that mentioned Edward Snowden had
followed the previous sentence. Then, my computer went down thrice quickly, and took me back to this post with my last sentence partly
deleted. Thank you. b4caving2day has had doubts but is now convinced. Nothing posted is ever lost within the internet. :bat sticker:

:funny post:

I love this kind of stuff.........reminds me of a conversation I once had at a howdy party........ :argue:
Member: Colorado Madrats, SoCoMoGro,CWSG.
caverdan
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 40262

Postby Phil Winkler » Feb 25, 2014 11:35 am

As Hunter Thompson might say "Real stream of consciousness stuff..." :)
Phil Winkler
13627 FE
Phil Winkler
Global Moderator

NSS #: 13627FE

Return to Open Talk Forum