Dave in the Cave Travels

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave in the Cave Travels

Postby PennsCaveDave » Oct 2, 2012 7:13 pm

Hello!

My name is Dave Brumbaugh. I am a caver from Pennsylvania. My father has been cave guiding for 35 years. I have been guiding for 7 years. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education, but am happiest cave guiding. I guided in a water cavern by boat in Pennsylvania for 5 years and moved to Vancouver Island in BC Canada to guide vertical cave tours for the past 2 years. My fiance Melissa is a vertical cave photographer. We will be moving back to Pennsylvania in November of this year. We plan on taking a road trip down South to see some big caves before returning home. I love caving. It is my passion, and I plan on guiding and education the public on speleology for the rest of my life.

PennsCaveDave
Infrequent Poster

Re: Dave in the Cave Travels

Postby batrotter » Oct 3, 2012 6:12 am

Welcome to the forum!
batrotter
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Bruce Trotter
NSS #: 27849RL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Indiana Cave Survey

Postby jeffkruse » Oct 3, 2012 7:42 am

PennsCaveDave wrote:Hello!

My name is Dave Brumbaugh. I am a caver from Pennsylvania. My father has been cave guiding for 35 years. I have been guiding for 7 years. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education, but am happiest cave guiding. I guided in a water cavern by boat in Pennsylvania for 5 years and moved to Vancouver Island in BC Canada to guide vertical cave tours for the past 2 years. My fiance Melissa is a vertical cave photographer. We will be moving back to Pennsylvania in November of this year. We plan on taking a road trip down South to see some big caves before returning home. I love caving. It is my passion, and I plan on guiding and education the public on speleology for the rest of my life.

Welcome,
Whats this about guiding vertical cave tours on Vancouver Island? Is there much demand for that?
jeffkruse
Prolific Poster

NSS #: 62760
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Sandia

Postby NZcaver » Oct 3, 2012 3:56 pm

Welcome to the forum. Were you guiding at Horne Lake Caves?
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby PennsCaveDave » Jan 20, 2014 9:56 am

Yes!
PennsCaveDave
Infrequent Poster

Postby ohiocaver » Feb 4, 2014 6:00 pm

So is the story of Princess Nittany (often told on Penn's Cave trips) true? :wink:
ohiocaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: curt harler
NSS #: 22735RCLFe
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Cleveland Grotto MAKC

Return to Caver Introductions