Red Bull Cave Triathalon

Post cave-related articles published in the mainstream media here. Please observe copyrights, posting only short excerpts with link to full article.

Moderator: Moderators

Red Bull Cave Triathalon

Postby tncaver » Oct 9, 2013 2:11 pm

Check out this iron man type event, carried out in an underground cave. Then decide for yourself if you think the event is a good thing or a bad thing. Unfortunately the article did not state which cave it was held at.

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/red-bull ... slideshow/
tncaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Re: Red Bull Cave Triathalon

Postby Phil Winkler » Oct 9, 2013 2:24 pm

Frankly, most Red Bull events strike me as over the top and in poor taste. I mean, really, cave graffiti?
Phil Winkler
13627 FE
Phil Winkler
Global Moderator

NSS #: 13627FE

Postby tncaver » Oct 9, 2013 3:10 pm

Phil Winkler wrote:Frankly, most Red Bull events strike me as over the top and in poor taste. I mean, really, cave graffiti?

The Red Bull "graffiti" I saw in the pictures actually looked like illuminated words and symbols shined upon the cave walls with some kind of lighting.
So, I doubt there was any actual graffiti. Obviously that triathlon was held in a commercial cave and I doubt that management would allow actual
Red Bull graffiti to be painted on the walls. I suspect that cave and the race were not held in the USA.
tncaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby boogercaver71 » Oct 9, 2013 4:39 pm

It was held in a commercial cave in Belgium, and Tncaver is right, you can see a man on a ladder adjusting the light projecting Redbull on the walls. Whether it is right or not is up to the owner I guess.
boogercaver71
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 19471

Return to Caves, Caving In The News Forum