Hello from WA

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Hello from WA

Postby sporehead » Sep 20, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi everyone! I am new to caving and the forum. I have never been in a cave, not even the little washout ones at the beach. I would really really like to asap. I don't know a whole lot about them but have done some light reading and picture viewing of them off and on through my life. They have always fascinated me but I don't often get a chance to dive in. That needs to change!

I am hoping to see my first cave in the next couple weeks or so. I am in Florida right now and will be traveling west on Interstate 10 by hitch-hiking and ridesharing. I would really like to see Carlsbad caverns on the way through but it looks like it will be difficult as there is not much traffic out there. I was hoping that someone on this forum might live nearby and be able to help me get to the caverns. I can't really think of a safe way to get from I-10 to the caverns without a ride. Would anybody be able to help out with that?

I look forward to talking with you guys more about caving and learning more about caves. Hope to head into the earth with some of you someday :)
sporehead
New Poster

Re: Hello from WA

Postby snoboy » Sep 20, 2013 7:53 pm

Where in WA are you located?
snoboy
Prolific Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: BC Speleological Federation

Hello from WA

Postby Ernie Coffman » Sep 22, 2013 11:19 am

Sporehead, when you get to WA state, let us know, so we can set you up with a grotto. If you're farther north, though, as snoboy might be suggesting, you might want to get in contact with him, as he's close to the border...maybe? <grin> Have a good trip and don't get lost. That's the first rule in caving.
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Caver Introductions