Dogwood City Grotto Fiftieth Anniversary Celebration

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

Dogwood City Grotto Fiftieth Anniversary Celebration

Postby joeabbott » Apr 8, 2013 4:26 pm

Tickets are now available for the celebration to be held on August 24, 2013.
Please join us at the Tellus Science Museum in Cartersville from 6:00 pm to
11:00 pm. The night will include private access to all of the Museum exhibits, a
buffet dinner which includes two bar drinks, and a private showing in the
planetarium. This once in a lifetime event is open to any and all cavers,
current and past DCG members, cavers from other Grottos near and far, and you
don't have to be a current NSS member.

Tickets must be purchased in advance and will not be available at the door.
Tickets are $35.00 per person and can be ordered from Joe Abbott, 97 Sedgefield
Dr. Dallas, GA 30157. For questions email Joe at joeabbott@mindspring.com or
call 770-445-4220.

Please help us spread the word to cavers that may not be currently active in our
community. If you are in contact with past members let them know even if you are
not planning to attend. Our goal is to hold a fun filled, memorable event for
all. So wash off the mud for one day and come see what your fellow cavers look
like in their Sunday best. Some will say that mud is a cavers' Sunday best but
you know what I mean.
joeabbott
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 33067
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Re: Dogwood City Grotto Fiftieth Anniversary Celebration

Postby joeabbott » Jun 7, 2013 11:53 am

Just to update anybody that might be procrastinating. We have sold almost half of the available tickets at this point. Don’t wait too long to buy yours.

Many people are questioning the “semi-formal required” statement in the original announcement. Let me apologize for a poor choice of words as that was not really our intention. Perhaps “semi dressed up” would be a better description. The event is a dinner being held in a museum and we can all plan accordingly. There will be no fashion police there and you won’t be turned away for lack of a coat and tie or a little black dress. I hope I have answered this question if there are others let me know.
joeabbott
Infrequent Poster

Postby joeabbott » Jul 12, 2013 8:43 am

The celebration is only about six weeks away now. There are a limited number of tickets still available to the event. There will not be tickets available at the door. If you want to attend please get you check in the mail to me ASAP. I expect to sell out of tickets but if we do not then the deadline for purchasing is going to be July 31. At that point we have to confirm our attendance numbers with the caterer. If you have been waiting for the last minute to buy your tickets you are there. Tickets are $35/person. Make your check payable to Dogwood City Grotto and mail it to my home:

Joe Abbott

97 Sedgefield Dr.

Dallas, GA 30157

For those that may have missed the original announcement the celebration is going to be held at the Tellus Museum in Cartersville Georgia on August 24. We are renting the Museum for our private use. Your ticket will get you unlimited access to the Museum displays, catered dinner with a bar, copy of Dave Hughes’ new book on the history of the Dogwood City Grotto, and a private show at the planetarium.
joeabbott
Infrequent Poster

Postby joeabbott » Jul 23, 2013 1:52 pm

Just a quick note to let everyone know that tickets sales are closed. I have received orders for all 120 seats. If I receive any checks after today I will mail them back to you of course. To those that bought, I look forward to seeing you all on August 24. It is going to be grand.

Mods this thread can be closed. Thanks
joeabbott
Infrequent Poster

Return to Caver Events