NCRC Cave Rescue Class

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

NCRC Cave Rescue Class

Postby Stridergdm » May 24, 2013 12:46 pm

I always enjoy perusing this group and seeing who is new to the NSS or Cavechat or even more, who is new to caving in general. It's a great sport and I'm always glad to see others jump in.

Now, let me put on my Evangelist Hat (and if you can imagine this with the proper accent it works even better!)

My caving brothers and my caving sisters (sing Alleluia!)

Have you considered rescue? Have you thought about what would happen if, the caving gods be praised, you got hurt or stuck in a cave?

What would you do? Who would rescue you? Or if someone else needed rescue, what would YOU do?

Now, if you're in a few fortunate areas, calling 911 will get you the local cave rescue team. (sing Alleluia!)

But what about most of the rest of the country where rescues are few and far in between? What then?

Well guess what, YOU are probably the cave rescue team. You just don't know it. (sing Alleluia!)

What to do?

Well fortunately (sing Alleluia!) you are in the right spot. You're at the NSS site. You're in the NSS forum. And the NSS (sing Alleluia!) has a solution: The National Cave Rescue Commission (NCRC).

First, check out right in this very forum the discussion on this year's seminar.
(can I get an Alleluia!)
And then check out the site page and finally register here..
(Praise the Cave Lords!)

Oh and check out the NSS Webinar page. At this time it doesn't have Anmar Mirza's webinar from Wednesday night, but has a lot of other great Webinars that are worth checking out.

Whether you're new to the NSS, new to Cavechat, or new to caving, I highly encourage you to attend the seminar!
(sing Alleluia!)
(sing Alleluia!)

Ok, taking off my hat for a minute and dropping the preacher accent.

Seriously, it's great to make introductions on the page here. But honestly, it's even greater making introductions in person. And I know personally I love meeting folks from all over the country. At this point, through the NCRC, I probably know as many cavers in the TAG area as I do here in upstate NY.

I'm a far safer caver now than I was 15 years ago when I got started in with my first class, in a huge part due to the cave rescue classes. I am also far more confident in knowing what needs to be done if I ever get called to a rescue.

And if you can't afford a week of fun with other cavers, I recommend at least checking out the NCRC page for other upcoming training.

And remember, cavers rescue cavers.
:bat sticker:
Cavers rescue cavers!
Stridergdm
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Greg Moore
Primary Grotto Affiliation: RPI Grotto

Re: NCRC Cave Rescue Class

Postby NZcaver » May 24, 2013 6:15 pm

Hey Greg, are you blue in the face yet? :notlistening: :big grin:
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby Stridergdm » May 28, 2013 6:47 am

NZcaver wrote:Hey Greg, are you blue in the face yet? :notlistening: :big grin:

Nope!

You should come east and sign up for TOFE with Dr. Kennedy!
Cavers rescue cavers!
Stridergdm
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Greg Moore
Primary Grotto Affiliation: RPI Grotto

Postby NZcaver » May 28, 2013 3:33 pm

Stridergdm wrote:
NZcaver wrote:Hey Greg, are you blue in the face yet? :notlistening: :big grin:

Nope!

You should come east and sign up for TOFE with Dr. Kennedy!

Better that than being stuck as the office gopher...
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby scrambler » May 28, 2013 5:14 pm

Hallelujah! :pray:

Preach it, Brother Greg! :agree:

Hope to see lots and lots of my current friends (and hopefully new ones too) in July!!! :kaver:
scrambler
Frequent Poster

Return to Caver Introductions