Site facilities

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

Site facilities

Postby Richard Little » Sep 27, 2005 8:45 pm

I'm tring to get my gear together for the Fall Cave In and have a couple of questions. Are there individual campsites there with tables or are we all camping in a field? Also, is there power where batteries can be recharged or do I need to bring an inverter?

Rich
Richard Little

Postby wendy » Sep 28, 2005 5:26 am

Do you mean at the TAG fall cave-in? If so, there are no campsites, but rather clearings in the woods or in the woods themselves. What you bring is what you got.

As far as a power source, I don't know what they allow, but I assume they will not allow a generator. Maybe someone else will be able to answer that question for you.
wendy
Global Moderator

Name: Wendy
NSS #: 53923
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Flint River Grotto

Re: Site facilities

Postby mgmills » Sep 28, 2005 9:11 am

Richard Little wrote:I'm tring to get my gear together for the Fall Cave In and have a couple of questions. Are there individual campsites there with tables or are we all camping in a field? Also, is there power where batteries can be recharged or do I need to bring an inverter?

Rich

Rich - I didn't answer last night because you hadn't specified where you were going. Since I have been involved in many work weekends at the site I can tell you what is available.

Roads (mostly gravel but some dirt only) have been developed through the property. Wooded areas have niches carved out for camping. There are some small field areas camping but most it wooded.

The sites are totally UNIMPROVED. Small campfires are allowed at individual camps as long as they are contained in a fire ring. No electricity is available except in the public areas (vendors, stage, shower, registration, and the SPA) so if you want to recharge your batteries by all means bring your inverter. If you require a table bring it along.

Hot showers are available. Toilets are all porta potties - there are no "flushies" on the property.

There is potable water on site but you will need a container to carry it to your camping area.

Hope this helps.
Martha Mills
NSS 39864
mgmills
Global Moderator

Name: Martha Mills
NSS #: 39864
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby Richard Little » Sep 28, 2005 4:04 pm

Thanks for the info. That answered all my questions. I will have an inverter with me. If anyone needs to recharge, look me up. See y'all there.

Rich
Richard Little

Postby CKB69 » Sep 28, 2005 7:04 pm

http://www.tagfallcavein.org/homex.html

http://www.tagfallcavein.org/pre_regx.html

Yes generators are taboo,along with an entire host of traditional annoyances.
I got a 1,000 watt inverter coming with me,along with tables,chairs,etc..
See you on the mountain!
Slide. Slide on the ice...
CKB69
Frequent Poster

Return to Caver Events