WANTED: Used Petzl Duo

Buy or sell cave gear, speleo-publications.

Moderator: Moderators

WANTED: Used Petzl Duo

Postby NZcaver » Aug 13, 2012 2:50 am

Help. Need a Petzl Duo. Don't care if it has LEDs or not. Doesn't even need bulbs, as long as it works, has a reliable switch, and is in reasonable condition. The switch on my old one has failed and seems to be irreparable. Possibly willing to trade for shiny interesting things.
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Re: WANTED: Used Petzl Duo

Postby MUD » Aug 13, 2012 8:46 am

Good luck NZ! Ever since Bif come up with those awesome replacement modules the Duo has been harder to get and more expensive. They used to go fairly cheap on Ebay but thats changed in the past year. That new Omni module works great!
http://www.customduo.co.uk/Pages/fullfaceomni2.aspx
MUD
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: None

Postby photoguy190 » Aug 13, 2012 9:46 am

I have one on ebay, currently, it has the belt mounted C battery pack though. It already has bids or I would work something out with you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261079814443?ss ... 1586.l2649

I'm working on a project with one as well, depending on how it works its self out I may have another that we could work something out with. It will be a couple of weeks though till I get that figured.

(I'm not sure if the Ebay link is allowed or not, couldn't find it in the rules, if its not let me know and I'll remove it.)
photoguy190
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 64370

Postby BenS » Aug 13, 2012 11:15 am

You missed out on the duo and zoom they were selling on ebay for parts just a few days ago. You could win one of the auctions right now if you bid up to about $35 probably.
BenS
Frequent Poster

Name: Ben Skinner
NSS #: 64281

Postby NZcaver » Aug 13, 2012 2:36 pm

Thanks, folks.

photoguy190 wrote:I have one on ebay, currently, it has the belt mounted C battery pack though

I've seen that one (and your eBay link is fine to add here). The belt pack is a deal breaker, and I'm not a fan of C-cells. Good idea for really cold climate use I suppose, but I'd probably want to stick with AAs.

Cavemud wrote:Good luck NZ! Ever since Bif come up with those awesome replacement modules the Duo has been harder to get and more expensive.

Thanks Todd - isn't that the truth! I need a new host for a different module, and what's killing me is I already have 3 Duos. One is a Fixo with the Aceto, but is on the other coast in storage. The second had the insides totally ripped out and modified a few years ago, and I just discovered the third has a bad switch.
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Postby photoguy190 » Aug 13, 2012 3:51 pm

I've seen that one (and your eBay link is fine to add here). The belt pack is a deal breaker, and I'm not a fan of C-cells. Good idea for really cold climate use I suppose, but I'd probably want to stick with AAs.

Yea that is why I'm selling it, I have two with the C battery packs i'm selling one to fund the project of converting the other to run off of 18650's We will see if it works.
photoguy190
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 64370

Postby wyandottecaver » Aug 13, 2012 7:19 pm

NZ,

I have a duo that I'm pretty sure works (havent tried in a long time). Im out of town this week first of next week. I need to look for my zoom zoras too for another poster.
I'm not scared of the dark, it's the things IN the dark that make me nervous. :)
wyandottecaver
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby NZcaver » Aug 13, 2012 7:34 pm

Thanks, Todd. Let me know if you find it. I appreciate all the responses. Kinda frustrated that I was all set to experiment with this new module only to find that my old host Duo switch has a schizophrenic mind of its own.
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Postby chac » Aug 14, 2012 11:44 am

NZ,

If Todd doesn't find his extra Duo next week, let me know. I have one in pretty good shape.
Jim Coke
chac
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 26442

Postby NZcaver » Oct 9, 2012 10:12 pm

Quick belated thank-you to everybody who offered to dig out their old Duo and/or offer free advice. :big grin:

Another caver friend donated his one to me, and I was finally able to try in underground with the new programmable LED module. It worked great! :wtg:
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Postby bigfatcaver » Dec 14, 2012 9:36 am

Hi all. Is there any chance that any of the Duos offered and not taken are still available? I am a returning member to the Caving community and my current light is bright but fragile and not water resistant. My backup is water resistant but dim. Suggestions from others in the Grotto are to get a Duo. Even if it's broken, they can be modded. I'd love to buy one if you still have a spare. Thanks.
bigfatcaver
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 50350
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Huntsville Grotto

Return to Speleo-Marketplace