Cave Art Kickstarter

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Cave Art Kickstarter

Postby cave artist » Jul 10, 2012 5:22 pm

Greetings!

I am a new caver and am starting a new series of artwork based on caves. I attended my first NSS convention two weeks ago in Lewisburg, West Virginia. In August I plan to visit caves for 3 weeks in Missouri, Arkansas, and Tennessee to take photographs for source material. So far I am only planning to visit show caves but would love to visit some non show caves if I can meet up with some area grotto members. I started a Kickstarter project to fund this trip and I have some cool artwork for you for various pledge amounts. I need to raise the money by July 27th or I do not go on the trip due to lack of funds. Please check it out and forward it to anyone you think would be interested in it. Be sure to watch the video - it is only 3 minutes and explains everything.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/533709083/artist-cave-tour-research-trip?ref=home_location

Thanks,
Mark
cave artist
Infrequent Poster

Name: Mark Williams
NSS #: 64111
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Central Connecticut Grotto

Re: Cave Art Kickstarter

Postby batrotter » Jul 11, 2012 4:55 am

Good luck to you, but maybe you ought to get a real job.
batrotter
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Bruce Trotter
NSS #: 27849RL
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Indiana Cave Survey

Postby UnderGroundEarth » Jul 11, 2012 7:31 am

Hi Mark,

I hope you are able to raise enough funds and get your project going. I am sure Carolina Shrewsbury would be very proud of you!

I actually live about 15 minutes from Raccoon Mountain Caverns in Tennessee. Unfortunately I can't donate funds but I am willing to host you for a few days and am willing to even take you to some wild caves in the area (that should be worth someting!). When will you be in this area? I also collect old cave postcards so I am sure you'd be interested in seeing my collection.

You may also want to post this in the Speleoart page on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/speleoart/.

Kelly
Unearthly Beauty Lies Underground for those who Venture In!
www.flickr.com/undergroundearth
UnderGroundEarth
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Kelly Smallwood
NSS #: 58745 RL,FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Sewanee Mountain Grotto

Postby graveleye » Jul 12, 2012 9:22 am

Hi Mark, welcome to the forum!

I am sorry for the unwelcoming post above Kelly's post, and I do hope that you don't come away thinking that all cavers are as unfriendly. I really sorry that you even had to see that.

Best of luck with your endeavors and if you have any questions or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

Kevin
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Postby Cheryl Jones » Jul 12, 2012 10:17 am

:yeah that:

We met briefly at Convention at the Cavers Co-op, and you told me about your project. Welcome and I hope you're successful!

Cheryl
Cheryl Jones
Global Moderator

Name: Cheryl Jones
NSS #: 14479 FE OS
Primary Grotto Affiliation: BATS

Postby NZcaver » Jul 12, 2012 1:49 pm

Welcome to the forum! :waving: Good luck with your cave art endeavors.
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby cave artist » Jul 12, 2012 5:21 pm

graveleye wrote:Hi Mark, welcome to the forum!

I am sorry for the unwelcoming post above Kelly's post, and I do hope that you don't come away thinking that all cavers are as unfriendly. I really sorry that you even had to see that.

Best of luck with your endeavors and if you have any questions or need any help don't hesitate to ask.

Kevin

Kevin,

Thanks. Haters gonna hate. I met a lot of of cavers at the convention and they were all really nice, friendly, and helpful. Maybe some people have jobs that require them to insult people they have never met. I hope to do the trip and am really looking forward to getting some inspiration and source material. Then I will have to get back to my "real job" in the fall being a college teacher.

Sincerely,
Mark
cave artist
Infrequent Poster

Name: Mark Williams
NSS #: 64111
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Central Connecticut Grotto

Return to Caver Introductions