The BBC has an article on caves in the Amazon Rain Forest

Post cave-related articles published in the mainstream media here. Please observe copyrights, posting only short excerpts with link to full article.

Moderator: Moderators

The BBC has an article on caves in the Amazon Rain Forest

Postby Ernie Coffman » Jun 21, 2012 6:30 pm

The BBC has a short article on caves in the rain forest of the Amazon, which shows that man was in these caves over 9000 years ago. Read away and listen to the Brit do his thing.

Notice, also, his chin strap up and over his bump hat. If he tripped and fell, where would the helmet go? I shake my head on these guys. :laughing:
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Re: The BBC has an article on caves in the Amazon Rain Fores

Postby Chads93GT » Jun 21, 2012 8:36 pm

Link?
Chads93GT
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Ernie Coffman » Jun 21, 2012 9:37 pm

Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby NZcaver » Jun 22, 2012 2:12 am

Ernie Coffman wrote:The BBC has a short article on caves in the rain forest of the Amazon, which shows that man was in these caves over 9000 years ago. Read away and listen to the Brit do his thing.

Notice, also, his chin strap up and over his bump hat. If he tripped and fell, where would the helmet go? I shake my head on these guys. :laughing:

Very interesting. And the caves are apparently formed in iron ore rather than limestone.

Ernie - please note what you think is his chin strap is most likely the front portion of the elastic headband for his small LED light. The rear portion would be concealed against his head under the rear of the hard hat. Most construction hard hats like this do not come with chin straps, but they can be added.

Also, if he were to trip and fall, he would surely get right back up again and dust himself off like nothing had happened. Stiff upper lip and all, no fuss, no American drama. He is British, you know. :wink:
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby paul » Jun 22, 2012 12:18 pm

NZcaver wrote:
Ernie Coffman wrote:The BBC has a short article on caves in the rain forest of the Amazon, which shows that man was in these caves over 9000 years ago. Read away and listen to the Brit do his thing.

Very interesting. And the caves are apparently formed in iron ore rather than limestone.

I wouldn't be surprised if the caves were in limestone with iron ore layers, similar to Clearwell Caves in the UK.

NZcaver wrote:Also, if he were to trip and fall, he would surely get right back up again and dust himself off like nothing had happened. Stiff upper lip and all, no fuss, no American drama. He is British, you know. :wink:

Too bloody right old man! (although I'm actually Irish but living in the UK...)
paul
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Paul Lydon

Postby Ernie Coffman » Jul 1, 2012 1:12 pm

NZ, back from the convention--off the subject, I know, but wanted to answer your message with a quickie. Ha! Missed your great humor at the convention, even if you believe the Brit would have just gotten up and dusted himself off...neatly. Great comment! Be sure and read about the convention that will be remembered for years and years.
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Caves, Caving In The News Forum