Neversink and SCCi featured in DailyMail UK

Post cave-related articles published in the mainstream media here. Please observe copyrights, posting only short excerpts with link to full article.

Moderator: Moderators

Neversink and SCCi featured in DailyMail UK

Postby graveleye » May 30, 2012 10:04 am

ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Re: Neversink and SCCi featured in DailyMail UK

Postby BrianFrank » May 30, 2012 12:37 pm

Great article and pics. That is an internationally read news site. We might get some visitors from around the world to see Alabama caves.
All TAG cavers join http://www.SCCI.org. A small price for a GREAT resource.
BrianFrank
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Brian
NSS #: 52121
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Dogwood City Grotto

Postby GroundquestMSA » May 30, 2012 1:38 pm

That article was hard to stomach. There are four cases of extreme exaggeration in the title alone.
Of course, I'm proud of Amy for making a British tabloid.
GroundquestMSA
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby Carl Amundson » May 30, 2012 2:21 pm

GroundquestMSA wrote:That article was hard to stomach. There are four cases of extreme exaggeration in the title alone.

yeah, not much "pitch-black abyss" at the bottom of Neversink. :big grin:
Carl Amundson
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Carl Amundson
NSS #: 50213
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Front Royal and Tri-State Grottos

Postby NZcaver » May 30, 2012 2:51 pm

GroundquestMSA wrote:That article was hard to stomach. There are four cases of extreme exaggeration in the title alone.

Oh hush, you haters. :big grin: You know sensationalism makes for higher tabloid sales. I thought the article was fairly well written, and one of those HDR images is quite stunning. Getting cave photos published outside the caving community is no small feat, and deserving of some kudos.
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby UnderGroundEarth » May 30, 2012 3:23 pm

NZcaver wrote: Oh hush, you haters. :big grin: You know sensationalism makes for higher tabloid sales. I thought the article was fairly well written, and one of those HDR images is quite stunning. Getting cave photos published outside the caving community is no small feat, and deserving of some kudos.

As if Neversink pictures haven't been published like a million gazillion times outside the caving community already. Personally I feel like once you've done this pit you should move on to another one. Yes it's pretty but there are thousands of pits and this one is already greatly over used & abused. That's all it needs is more attention!
Unearthly Beauty Lies Underground for those who Venture In!
www.flickr.com/undergroundearth
UnderGroundEarth
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Kelly Smallwood
NSS #: 58745 RL,FE
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Sewanee Mountain Grotto

Postby NZcaver » May 30, 2012 3:32 pm

UnderGroundEarth wrote:
NZcaver wrote: Oh hush, you haters. :big grin: You know sensationalism makes for higher tabloid sales. I thought the article was fairly well written, and one of those HDR images is quite stunning. Getting cave photos published outside the caving community is no small feat, and deserving of some kudos.

As if Neversink pictures haven't been published like a million gazillion times outside the caving community already. Personally I feel like once you've done this pit you should move on to another one. Yes it's pretty but there are thousands of pits and this one is already greatly over used & abused. That's all it needs is more attention!

Published internationally outside the caving community like a million gazillion times? I don't know that British tabloid readers will flock across in droves to give the pit their undivided attention, but it's possible I suppose.
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Postby graveleye » May 31, 2012 9:55 am

NZcaver wrote:
UnderGroundEarth wrote:

Published internationally outside the caving community like a million gazillion times? I don't know that British tabloid readers will flock across in droves to give the pit their undivided attention, but it's possible I suppose.

Lighten up folks. It's a beautiful place and people like to see beautiful pictures of beautiful places. Besides, it's not like the readers will get interested in pit-bouncing once they have had their fill of the Kardashians and whatever Paris Hilton is wearing or not wearing.
ad astra per aspera

http://www.myspace.com/jamthecontrols

The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of any organization I am affiliated with.

Become a sustaining member of the SCCI
graveleye
Global Moderator

Name: Kevin Glenn
NSS #: 57238RL

Return to Caves, Caving In The News Forum