Custom Duo in the works

Discuss caving lights, packs, helmets, clothing, etc.
For rope and vertical equipment, go to the On Rope! forum.
Cave electronics enthusiasts can also visit the Communications and Electronics Section forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Custom Duo in the works

Postby potholer » Mar 12, 2012 9:52 pm

At least it's easy to turn the cells round in 'wrong' early Duos.

Even when lights still all used bulbs and polarity didn't matter, some were still designed to stop reversed cells making proper contact.
potholer
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby bif » Mar 13, 2012 3:31 am

cavemud2 wrote: wondering if you had unwired it to get it inside. Wasnt sure so i thought i would ask before i start ripping things apart :)

I would suggest never trying to take a Duo apart as it invariably tends to end in tears .......... unless its broken and consequently you have nothing to lose. If you need to remove a Duo that has been threaded through holes in helmet (Petzl do sell a variant built directly on to their own helmets) or you really feel the need to drill and thread through holes when mounting on your helmet, cutting and shutting the cable (solder iron and adhesive lined heatshrink required) is the easiest and most effective method that Ive found.
bif
Frequent Poster

Name: john
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Wessex Cave Club

Postby PaulSiegel86 » Mar 19, 2012 8:23 pm

It was my intention today to order a side module off of Customduo today. However, it appears the website is down, at least for me. Anyone else have that problem, or know anything about it? I'm assuming he's just moving things around, but wanted to check.

Paul
PaulSiegel86
Occasional Poster

Postby potholer » Mar 20, 2012 5:34 am

I checked out the domain and it looks like it had [briefly] expired, but was renewed yesterday.
Likely the proper data is now trickling through the world's DNS servers, and access will start working for people fairly soon.
potholer
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby MUD » Apr 30, 2012 11:17 am

:clap: Another fine module from Bif! Check this out! http://www.customduo.co.uk/Pages/FullfaceOmni.aspx
MUD
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Primary Grotto Affiliation: None

Postby logicvortex » Apr 30, 2012 1:34 pm

Yeah! Just put in my order yesterday!
logicvortex
Infrequent Poster

Name: Josh
NSS #: 60910
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Huntsville

Postby Cody JW » Apr 30, 2012 3:40 pm

The fact that someone out there makes an update to a 20 year old light is a testimonial to that light. Why would somebody want to invest in updates if the light was a plastic piece of crap ??
It only takes one person to surrender a dog to a kill shelter ,but it takes many to rescue it.
Cody JW
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Jeff Cody
NSS #: 23961

Postby NZcaver » Apr 30, 2012 4:07 pm

Cavemud wrote::clap: Another fine module from Bif! Check this out! http://www.customduo.co.uk/Pages/FullfaceOmni.aspx

Very nice. Particularly like the operating sequence shown in the flowchart. Seems like my nitpicking question from last year may have paid off. :wink:

NZcaver wrote:Question about the "full face module" and similar custom inserts for the Duo. Do any of these allow you to run both lights at the same time?

Might have to try scrimping 130 bucks together and ordering one... :grin:
NZcaver
Global Moderator

Name: Jansen
NSS #: 50665RL

Previous

Return to Equipment Forum