New Adverturer in Nashville.....

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby RBlank » Sep 16, 2011 7:02 pm

Just re-upped my NSS membership and am about to join the Nashville Grotto.... Im very new to caving but have waited many years to finally have a location and the time to get involved. Im concerned I may have quite a wait to get my caving 'fix' with WNS closing so many caves in TN :down:
Are there still many trips being made to private caves in the state??
Also, looking for new friends to cave with ;) My daughter is interested as well and we may start together.
RBlank
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 61429

Re: New Adverturer in Nashville.....

Postby Larry E. Matthews » Sep 16, 2011 9:45 pm

Yes, there are lots of caves still open here in Middle Tennessee and the Nashville Grotto sponsors several trips each month.

We meet the First Thursday of every month at REI in Brentwood.

Come join us !!!
Larry E. Matthews
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 6792
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Nashville Grotto

Postby DeanWiseman » Sep 17, 2011 7:15 am

RBlank wrote:Also, looking for new friends to cave with ;) My daughter is interested as well and we may start together.

:yeah that: :banana_yay: :banana:

-Dean

p.s. If you want to come caving in Indiana, just give me a holler. I've got a 5 year-old, myself. :laughing:
DeanWiseman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 32690
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Central Indiana Grotto

Postby rhlee » Oct 4, 2011 7:47 pm

Hi there,
I also just renewed my NSS membership and am returning to caving after a 5 year absence due to an injury. I used to cave with the Tennessee Central Basin Grotto but they are no longer active. I will be joining the nashville Grotto at their next meeting. I have a 6 year old granddaughter who is really into caving. She is a natural, loves to get wet and muddy. I will be going on some trips that she can go on as well as more difficult trips. She hikes too, did 4.5 miles a couple weeks ago. Hope to meet you at the Oct. grotto meeting. It was postponed 2 weeks due to TAG being on the first weekend.
Rick Lee

rhlee
Infrequent Poster

NSS #: 52677

Postby Larry E. Matthews » Oct 6, 2011 7:14 am

Normally the Nashville Grotto Meetings are on the first Thursday of each month, so tonight, Thursday, October 6, would be a meeting date.

BUT, this month due to the TAG Fall Cave In, the Nashville Grotto Meeting has been moved to Thursday, October 20. Come on over and join us.

We meet at the REI Store in Brentwood at 7:30.
Larry E. Matthews
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 6792

Postby Ernie Coffman » Oct 6, 2011 1:07 pm

Congrats to those of you who just re-upped or joined the NSS, for that is one of the natural things to do, on being a mentor to your youngsters. You definitely will be working at getting them to follow your basic rules of safety and what better way than dad/mom to teach and instruct your youngsters. Super wow! And, like Larry wrote, don't worry about the WNS problem keeping you out of caving, for there are a lot of caves that you'll be able to do. Sure, worry about the WNS problem for future cavers...maybe, but seeing that its slowed down this past year or so, time will tell how its effecting that area in the northeast and south.
Ernie Coffman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Caver Introductions