Caver from North Georgia

Who are you and why do you cave? Start your very own topic and introduce yourself!

Moderator: Moderators

Caver from North Georgia

Postby driver3871 » Jun 2, 2011 8:39 pm

I would like to start off by introducing myself. My name is Nicholas Driver. I have been caving for about 6 years now. I also enjoy rappelling and hiking. I frequent the Crockford Pigeon Mtn area bi weekly- weekly. I am not a professional, just an avid caver:) My 10 year old son also enjoys caving and has been for about 4 years now! any cavers interested in hitting local caves, feel free to msg me! I hope to get to know each and everyone soon!..
driver3871
Occasional Poster

Name: Nicholas Driver
NSS #: 63444

Re: Caver from North Georgia

Postby trogman » Jun 3, 2011 6:28 am

Hi Nicholas. Welcome to the forum!

Pigeon Mountain area has a great grotto- I know some of the members. You should hook up with them. You are in luck, as their monthly meeting is tonight!
http://www.nssio.org/find_grotto_detail.cfm?gid=000369
Grotto meetings are genearally open to visitors, and oftentimes they will have very interesting presentations and discussions. You are fortunate to live in a great caving area. I cut my ridgewalking teeth on Pigeon Mountain, and still go back there from time to time.

Trogman :helmet:
trogman
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Stephen Brewer
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Gadsden Grotto

Re: Caver from North Georgia

Postby driver3871 » Jun 5, 2011 3:48 pm

Thanks for the info Stephen! I will defifitely look them up! I try to hit Pigeon at least 3 times a week, as it is a great workout, great "me time", and it gives me a chance to connect with nature. I try to reserve one of those days solely for "cave in-trash out".. Me and my fiance spent the better part of 5 hours last night removing batteries, cans, plastics, glass and numerous lost flashlights that lay hidden in the many crawl spaces of the first room. We also try to look for lost items and return them to their rightful owners. Will look into making a LOST and FOUND blog lol..
I agree I am fortunate to live in such a great caving area. I have met so many new friends who share the same interests and hobbies. I can honestly say that I have met and made more friends underground than I have above ground:) If your ever out this way give a heads up and we'll see what we can get into..
driver3871
Occasional Poster

Name: Nicholas Driver
NSS #: 63444

Return to Caver Introductions