Two new WVASS books available: Tucker County and Cass Cave

NSS News, other caving publications, and books.

Moderator: Moderators

Two new WVASS books available: Tucker County and Cass Cave

Postby Brian Masney » May 2, 2011 8:26 am

There are two new WVASS publications that are available for purchase through the WVASS web site: http://wvass.org/publications.html

1) WVASS Bulletin #18 - The Caves and Karst of Tucker County, by Doug McCarty and Brian Masney. There are 304 cave and karst features, 155 photos, and 96 maps, including new maps of Mill Run Cave, Bennett Cave, Close Mountain Cave, Blackwater Pit, Fieldhouse Cave, Elklick Cave, Elklick Dome Cave and more. Rather than the map packet past WVASS bulletins have had, this bulletin has a CD containing full-sized color versions of all maps and photos, plus some extra photos that didn't make it into the book. Also included is Greg Springer's article on Tucker County geology, which George Dasher has called "ground breaking". The book costs $30.

A color version of the bulletin is available by special-order for $85. The color version has color pictures. color maps (where color was included on the maps), and color figures in the geology article. It also has a heavier, better quality paper.

2) The Survey of Cass Cave, edited by Robert Zimmerman, cartography by Robert Zimmerman and Gregory S. Springer. Monograph #4 of the West Virginia Speleological Survey. 2011. Describes the history and geology of Cass Cave, including a map of the entire system. 23 map sheets, 1 profile sheet, 23 figures, 64 pages. $16
Brian Masney
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 51142
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Monongahela Grotto

Re: Two new WVASS books available: Tucker County and Cass Cave

Postby nathanroser » May 2, 2011 9:31 am

Very nice, I hear there is also a book on the Culverson Creek Basin in the works right now?
nathanroser
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Name: Nathan Roser
NSS #: 62848
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Syracuse University Outing Club

Re: Two new WVASS books available: Tucker County and Cass Cave

Postby Brian Masney » May 2, 2011 12:25 pm

muddyface wrote:Very nice, I hear there is also a book on the Culverson Creek Basin in the works right now?

Yea, there is a Culverson Creek bulletin in the works right now. Don't quote me on this, but I believe that the plan is to have it done by next Summer for the Convention in Lewisburg, WV.

Brian
Brian Masney
Frequent Poster

NSS #: 51142
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Monongahela Grotto

Return to Publications