Speleofest 2011, big 40th anniversary

NSS Conventions, regional caving events, local caving events. Please spell out event initials for new members.

Moderator: Moderators

Speleofest 2011, big 40th anniversary

Postby KeyserSoze » Apr 28, 2011 8:47 pm

2011 will be a big year for Speleofest as we celebrate the 40th anniversary, Caving Adventures Past to Present. If you haven't been to Speleofest before or if you haven't been in recent years, this will be a great year to attend. This year party camp will be pulled towards the shelter house and we will be having a great rock band, a DJ, a burning caveman bon fire, and some other new events and activities. For those who wish to have a more relaxed experience there will be plenty of quiet space in family camp. The cave trips offered will include some new Speleofest caves and will bring back some old ones, and of course we will still offer the favored classics to some of the best caves in Kentucky. For those wishing to remain above ground there will be group kayak trips, a guided field trip focused on forest ecology and karst landscape, a beginners orienteering meet, climbing contests, kids activities, and lots of great self-led destinations detailed in the guidebook.

This all takes place at the Lone Star Preserve in heart of Kentucky, Memorial day weekend (May 27 - 29th)

More information can be found on the Speleofest website. http://louisville.caves.org/speleofest.html
This signature is really funny
KeyserSoze
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 61069
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Louisville Grotto

Re: Speleofest 2011, big 40th anniversary

Postby self-deleted_user » Apr 28, 2011 9:17 pm

I pre-registered a month ago! I'm getting there Thursday actually with a friend (John) who is leading a trip on Saturday :D

Oooh a kayak trip sounds fun, I don't have a kayak though. I mean, for if I don't want to cave on a day as it is I am caving four days in a row likely (Thurs Fri Sat Sun!) haha so a break might be good. If I want to see a cave I can always walk into that big one right by the shelter area haha! Whatsitcalled...Lone Star Saltpeter or something, right? That was an easy trip :P
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby KeyserSoze » May 1, 2011 8:07 pm

Good to hear your coming. I beleive John is leading Hidden River Cave; that's a great trip. For the paddle trips there will be an opportunity to rent kayaks from a local business. There will be group trips Saturday and Sunday.
This signature is really funny
KeyserSoze
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

NSS #: 61069
Primary Grotto Affiliation: Louisville Grotto

Postby self-deleted_user » May 1, 2011 8:22 pm

Yes indeed he is :)

So you better introduce yourself as KeyserSoze or I won't know who you are, hahaha.
Self-deleted due to large troll population on the forum, and absence of moderation.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby self-deleted_user » May 21, 2011 3:41 pm

Hey anyone going to this let me know....I have 2 cavefoods I want to "field test" and if I can have a few folks take some with them to get feedback from others not just myself so if you want to try some of my invented cavefoods just post and let me know. I promise I won't poison you. Much. :P

I am joking on the last bit, really. But if you have nut allergies or something these aren't for you.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Postby kazookaver » May 31, 2011 10:30 am

Our group is looking at caving in Kentucky this fall. I was wondering if I could purchase a copy of the guidebook to see what might interest us in that area.
kazookaver
Infrequent Poster

Name: Gregg Jones
NSS #: 61282

Postby self-deleted_user » May 31, 2011 11:25 am

Talk to the Louisville grotto. They are pretty cool folk.
self-deleted_user
NSS Hall Of Fame Poster

Return to Caver Events